• Real news from WOTC:
    “Unfortunately, because most of our money is spent on Magic cards, we decided to give the Italians the German tank because we didn’t feel like using the new mold. Additionally, we’re too lazy to give the allies different artillery. We also apologize for giving Russia unique ship sculpts while denying that to France and Italy. Because of these inconveniences, the game will only cost $200.”

• **WOTC Press Statement

August 24, 2010**

_Due to difficulties with our factories in China, every Europe 1940 box has shipped with nothing but potatoes in it. We apologize in advance to those who receive their copies. If your copy has shipped with potatoes in it, Wizards of the Coast urges you to purchase another copy in the hopes of that one not having potatoes in it.

If the second one does not have potatoes in it, we are again sorry. But now that you have two boxes filled with potatoes, you now have enough to make mashed potato salad. Therefore, WOTC thanks you for making potato salad._

• i would not be suprised if this was the case…… wotc has done many strange things lately.
    for once WOTC, do something right.

• @UN:

**WOTC Press Statement

August 24, 2010**

_Due to difficulties with our factories in China, every Europe 1940 box has shipped with nothing but potatoes in it. We apologize in advance to those who receive their copies. If your copy has shipped with potatoes in it, Wizards of the Coast urges you to purchase another copy in the hopes of that one not having potatoes in it.

If the second one does not have potatoes in it, we are again sorry. But now that you have two boxes filled with potatoes, you now have enough to make mashed potato salad. Therefore, WOTC thanks you for making potato salad._

mmmm Chinese potato’s.  Yum.

EDIT: Actually you know what would be funny:

WOTC Press Release August 23rd 2010:

Due to an error in distribution, it has been found that some Axis & Allies games have included twice as many peices.  If you have recieved the extra peices we ask that you return them to us via 1 night delivery in secure and protective packaging so the peices will not be damaged.  Thank you.

• WOTC Press Statement:

Some of our Factory employees in China have become ill with SARS, as a result, the release date for Axis and Allies Europe 1940 will be postponed until December 24th 2012, we do appologize for this inconvenience. We are working very hard to solve the problem, our top WOTC priests are excorsizing the fatal illness from the pieces using some of the spells found in our Magic card series. However do to the high cost of employing priests, the game will now be priced at $1,050 Euros + S&H. If you cannot pay the amount in full, we do have newly vacant job opportunities at some of our overseas warehouses, where you can work off the rest. Again we do appologize for this ‘fiasco’, as our gratitude for being such loyal customers, we will be mailing you a poster of Larry Harris and the playtester team playing a thrilling game of A&A Global.

Thank you for your patience,
    -WOTC Team.

• Don’t kid like that, even though I ROFLed.

• @Mysterious:

WOTC Press Statement:

Some of our Factory employees in China have become ill with SARS, as a result, the release date for Axis and Allies Europe 1940 will be postponed until December 24th 2552, we do appologize for this inconvenience. We are working very hard to solve the problem, our top WOTC priests are excorsizing the fatal illness using some of the spells found in our Magic card series. However do to the high cost of employing priests, the game will now be priced at $1,050 Euros + S&H. If you cannot pay the amount in full, we do have newly vacant job opportunities at some of our overseas warehouses, where you can work off the rest. Again we do appologize for this ‘fiasco’, as our gratitude for being such loyal customers, we will be mailing you a poster of Larry Harris and the playtester team playing a thrilling game of A&A Global.

Thank you for your patience,
    -WOTC Team.

Fixed.

• Actually, I was on the phone with my local games store today. The proprietor says that Hasbro has f***ed up both UK and US distribution, such that only 50% of the shops will have copies on time. For everybody else, apparently it’ll be a week later. Of course this is the same guy who told me that “Hasbro has no warehouses and therefore no backstock” which I found incredible, so who knows.

Long story short: does anybody know of any shops in the UK which currently have Europe '40 in stock? Have ££, will travel…

• '12

@Make_It_Round:

Actually, I was on the phone with my local games store today. The proprietor says that Hasbro has f***ed up both UK and US distribution, such that only 50% of the shops will have copies on time. For everybody else, apparently it’ll be a week later. Of course this is the same guy who told me that “Hasbro has no warehouses and therefore no backstock” which I found incredible, so who knows.

Long story short: does anybody know of any shops in the UK which currently have Europe '40 in stock? Have ££, will travel…

Hasbro, does have warehouses.  Avalon Hill shipped their entire parts inventory to Hasbro’s Texas warehouse when Hasbro brought them.  WotC says we never got any AH parts, which is true but a clever dodge as Hasbro bought WOTC a year later.  The mystery of what happened to AH’s parts has never been solved, but I think it involves a dumpster or 2.  :cry:

• Ah, my friend just tipped me off to the very excellent Games Lore shop here in the UK. They really seem to know their stuff, and were very professional. Claimed they could have the game to me by Friday, shipped to my door for under £70! Here’s hoping  :-D

My local shop, on the other hand, seems doomed to go under. The manager there just did a lot of finger-pointing at Hasbro, trying to excuse himself from any negligence for (1) not knowing about the game, and (2) failing to order it, and then–after two weeks of jerking me around–finally told me I should just ‘go ahead and order it online’ in a petulant, almost hostile tone. I speak, dear friends, of Static Games in Glasgow. <shock>:-o<gasp></gasp></shock>

• TripleA '12

Hi Make_It_Round,

I’m from the UK too. I’m sorry to hear about your local game store; I wish people over here were not so hostile. I’m glad you got a copy delivered for less than £70. You did well!

• @Lozmoid:

Hi Make_It_Round,

I’m from the UK too. I’m sorry to hear about your local game store; I wish people over here were not so hostile. I’m glad you got a copy delivered for less than £70. You did well!

I’ll let you know if I get my copy by the promised date… My friend recommended Games Lore because he had had good dealings with them in the past, so I’m fairly confident that there’ll be a happy ending to the story. What part of the (hostility-inclined) UK do you hail from?

• '10

R.I.P to this thread!

• RIP TO THIS THREAD

• NECRO!!!

Sorry :P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m