Why isn't Italy in this game instead of Japan?

• since napoleon

when cc said that, i realized that i wasnt sure how many other countries tried….

• 2007 AAR League

I know that you all are probably going to think that these are very bad, but here goes.

Sothern Europe(Value increased to 10)- Infantry-5, Armor-2, Fighter-1, Bomber-1, Antiaircraft-1, Battleship-2, Transport-2, Industrial Complex-1

Algeria-(Value increased to 3) Infantry-2

Libya(Value increased to 3. I know that the Italians didn’t actually own Libya, but it’s just a territory I gave them so the board wouldn’t have to be changed to much.) Infantry-3, Armor-1

The Italian player won’t have much fun because they only can help with the defense of Germany, the assault of Karelia, and the taking of Africa. I tried this out once and the Italians took pretty much all of Africa and I believe, Karelia.

• Italian divisions were also highly undermanned and undersupplied with even basic weapons such as anti-tank guns… I don’t have my books with me right now, but if I remember correctly even Switzerland was better equipped on a per-man basis than the Italians. Also, most Italian divisions were really at 1/2 strength but they were called divisions so as to make it look like they were much better than they actually were.

The key to any setup of Italy is that you have to realise that Italy was woefully underprepared for this war…perhaps given another 10 years they might have been ready (or even something like a mid-40’s), but in 1939 they were just totally unprepared.

Sothern Europe(Value increased to 10)

Hehe you knew you were going to get a bit of a ribbing for this one UKcommander :D

Putting the Italian productivity on par with Germany and above England (and Japan) is I think a bit too much. It’s true that you might have to do something like that in order to give them a fighting chance, but then again that’s what history shows: they were not economically prepared and to give them that advantage is making the game historically inaccurate. I mean I know the game isn’t accurate beyond the setup of the board (with Japan coming into Africa shortly and what not and other fun things) but again Italy was just not ready and I think adding them in should show this. Just my thoughts :)

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah, but it’s pretty much the only way to give Italy a fighting chance unless you add Siciliy, the Italian precense in Africa and Syria-Iraq, or increasing the African territories to an I.P.C. value of a bit too much. Any thoughts?

translation: Italy IMO can only effectively be added to AaAE…

• I disagree – I think ANY country can be “effectively” added (with not to much editing). I’m one of the ones who believes it’s just a game – HAVE FUN!! It doesn’t have to be 100% historical to be fun.

@MistaBiggs:

I disagree – I think ANY country can be “effectively” added (with not to much editing). I’m one of the ones who believes it’s just a game – HAVE FUN!! It doesn’t have to be 100% historical to be fun.

True…But add china as well :wink: … and french resistance forces in north Africa and Britian…

• 2007 AAR League

Does anyone know of a good setup for the French resistance forces? Thanks :D :D :D .

mainly it (french resistance Force) would have to kick in when Normandy happens… When the Allies land you roll a die for every unit in Western Europe… every 1 rolled means they have tied up a unit and the Defender chooses which units cannot preform defense during the duration of the attack… if Western Europe is taken then those units are destroyed… if the german player wins and those units are put back into play…

how does it sound…?

• 2007 AAR League

Sounds good but a little confusing GG. I don’t think I want to get World at War because from what I’ve heard it does usually take all day. Sorry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m