Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @knp7765:

@Raeder:

The thing is, they look similar to one very specific set of other units, namely Tide of Iron. It’s not just the Tiger, it’s the truck, mech inf and 88 as well. Just something I noticed. Maybe it’s the same sculptor?

I really don’t understand the complaint.  So Tiger tanks in Tide Of Iron don’t look like Tiger tanks in any other WW2 game?  An SdKfz 251 in Tide Of Iron doesn’t look like an SdKfz 251 in any other WW2 game?  An Opel “Blitz” truck in Tide of Iron doesn’t look like an Opel “Blitz” truck in any other WW2 game?
    But wait, now apparently FMG has “copied” those models.  OH MY GOD!  How can we deal with these copies?  Of course, FMG’s pieces will be much smaller to fit in with A&A size pieces, but they will still look so much alike.
    This is a really weird thing to complain about.  I can’t help but wonder just what you were expecting FMG to come up with.

Who says I’m complaining? Just something I noticed and wondered if any one else had noticed. Apparently that is not the case, so lets move on.

• Its Labor Day, any word on that September release?

• @dadler12:

Its Labor Day, any word on that September release?

@knp7765:

On another thread, Jeremy gave a date of 9/20/2011, but didn’t actually say that was the release date.
    On FMG’s website, it says a “September Release” for the Italian units.
    So, I guess we all have a little longer to wait.

In the context of the 9/20/2011 date given I’m assuming it was a release date.

• I hope Germany is being produced at the factory right now because they will be on a boat for a month.

• Customizer

@Rorschach:

@dadler12:

Its Labor Day, any word on that September release?

@knp7765:

On another thread, Jeremy gave a date of 9/20/2011, but didn’t actually say that was the release date.
    On FMG’s website, it says a “September Release” for the Italian units.
    So, I guess we all have a little longer to wait.

In the context of the 9/20/2011 date given I’m assuming it was a release date.

That was pretty much my guess as well.  I think FMG will get them on 9/20 then ship out all the orders.  Usually, when I order something from FMG, I usually get it within a week.  I hope that stays true.  Already been waiting so long I’m about to burst with anticipation.

• cmon HBG has passed you

• '10

@cminke:

cmon HBG has passed you

We have done more sculpts…. longer process.

And apparently our Factory is RETARDED.  After Germany we may take the contract to a new factory.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

cmon HBG has passed you

And apparently our Factory is RETARDED.  After Germany we may take the contract to a new factory.

Lol!!

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

cmon HBG has passed you

If you go to a different factory, would that set your project timing back even farther?

• '14

@Fishmoto37:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

cmon HBG has passed you

If you go to a different factory, would that set your project timing back even farther?

Not if he took his business to the company HBG uses.

• FMG just do what you need to do :evil:, kill who you need to kill :evil: and steal what you need to steal :evil: to get these to us  :evil: :evil:

• Customizer

Hey Jeremy, has your factory made the mould for Germany yet?

The Italian pieces came out really nice, excellent quality.  If the German pieces are of equal quality, do you want to mess with that?  I know the factory keeps seeming to drag out the process, but at least they do turn out a really nice product.  I would be afraid if you went to another factory that quality might end up suffering.  Plus, what would you do about making more Italians and Germans since your current factory has the moulds for them?  However many sets you have ordered, I am sure you will eventually sell out and need more.

• Normally factories like this will make you pay for tooling and you own the tooling. There are lots of quality injection mold companies out there that can do the job I’m sure.

You might want to make sure you have a new company lined up who sounds reasonably confident that they can use another company’s molds before you cut the old one loose. Show them your sample pieces and they should be able to figure out how the molds work by inspecting the parting lines and fill positions.

Matching colors might be the biggest hurdle. Too bad that other company can’t get it together.

• '10

@trackmagic:

Normally factories like this will make you pay for tooling and you own the tooling. There are lots of quality injection mold companies out there that can do the job I’m sure.

You might want to make sure you have a new company lined up who sounds reasonably confident that they can use another company’s molds before you cut the old one loose. Show them your sample pieces and they should be able to figure out how the molds work by inspecting the parting lines and fill positions.

Matching colors might be the biggest hurdle. Too bad that other company can’t get it together.

It is just embarrassing at this point.  THEY gave me a date of AUG 10th.  It was THEIR date!  So I hinted that release “could” be SEPT 10th…. giving them an entire MONTH extra just in case.

They have not returned my last inquiry…  which means they are not done yet and know I will blast them.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@trackmagic:

Normally factories like this will make you pay for tooling and you own the tooling. There are lots of quality injection mold companies out there that can do the job I’m sure.

It is just embarrassing at this point.  THEY gave me a date of AUG 10th.  It was THEIR date!  So I hinted that release “could” be SEPT 10th…. giving them an entire MONTH extra just in case.

They have not returned my last inquiry…  which means they are not done yet and know I will blast them.

I believe revisiting your contract with this company is in order.

Perhaps a rider that states they do not get paid until certain objectives are met, on time (or in a timely manner).  If those objectives are not met in a timely manner, then concessions need to be made in your favor.  If not, then you take your molds and go elsewhere (although that unfortunately involves incurring extra cost, no company truely worth being in business is going to risk losing business)

• Contracts enforceable in China?  I doubt it.  Good luck on that one!

• threten to nuke them:P  :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Gents, great idea won’t happen FACT:  You can’t Nuke the Chinese, Russians, Iranians or anybody else unless you can get the current President to open the football and release the launch codes.  Then and only then will the USAF Global Strike Command open fire with Minutemen IIIS ICBMS or Trident missiles from boomers.  Current POS won’t attack unless we are attacked and then I doubt he would authorize an attack anyway.  If we did attack we could be assured of MAD Mutually Assured Destruction.  I am a 31 year retired USAF E-8

• @Shakespeare:

Contracts enforceable in China?   I doubt it.   Good luck on that one!

Very well.  I’m sure it’s a two way street then.  The factory does not deliver product in a timely fashion (on the dates the factory themselves provided), they don’t get paid.  Contract or no.  I’m sure that’s incentive enough to get things done in time.  If not, use of a different company is likely in order.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Rorschach:

@Shakespeare:

Contracts enforceable in China?   I doubt it.   Good luck on that one!

Very well.  I’m sure it’s a two way street then.  The factory does not deliver product in a timely fashion (on the dates the factory themselves provided), they don’t get paid.  Contract or no.  I’m sure that’s incentive enough to get things done in time.  If not, use of a different company is likely in order.

If it is like my factory, they do not do anything until they get paid.
    Jeremy might of had to already pay for product, but you need to get that from him.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m