• This rule makes for a more realistic take on assaulting beaches or Islands.

During an Amphib Assualt, on the first round of combat, attacking infantry cannot be supported by artillery. Also defending artillery is defends on 3 during the first round. Every round afterwards combat continues as normal.

This rule has solved the “easy sea-lion” problem in some of our Europe games, and it encourages the Germans to actually defend Normandy rather than stack up in France. It doesn’t really affect small Amphib Assualts, because only the first round changes.

• @KillOFzee:

It doesn’t really affect small Amphib Assualts, because only the first round changes.

I dont get that. Small Amphibious Assaults also have a first round. They are as affected as large ones. Or do I understand something wrong?

• @arwaker:

@KillOFzee:

It doesn’t really affect small Amphib Assualts, because only the first round changes.

I dont get that. Small Amphibious Assaults also have a first round. They are as affected as large ones. Or do I understand something wrong?

Well statistically, if you are going to attack 1 inf, with 1 inf and 1 arty, this rule does not really affect your odds as much as attacking a force of 8 inf and 5 arty, with 7 inf, 7 arty, and any combo of naval bombardment, etc.

Primarily the only major difference you are going to see is with big Battles like Normandy or Sea-lion.

• You chose a bad example, as the in “small” battle, the defender doesnt have an artillery. Get two battles, same unit mix, different size (1inf 1art vs 1inf 1art … 2inf 2art vs 2inf 2art) and see, how both battles are affected same.

• @arwaker:

You chose a bad example, as the in “small” battle, the defender doesnt have an artillery. Get two battles, same unit mix, different size (1inf 1art vs 1inf 1art … 2inf 2art vs 2inf 2art) and see, how both battles are affected same.

Yes but mathematically, a battle with less units will vary in victory percentages then a battle with more units. 1 inf and 1 art vs 1 inf and 1 art will likely be so different as a normal amphibious assault, whereas a 10 inf and 10 art vs 10 inf and 10 art will be dramatically different, because you are channging the dice values for 20 units, where as in the small bale, you are only changing the dice value for 2 units.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m