• @Adlertag:

@Brain:

@MrEvilGuy:

Risky - they do random checks, and, while it is unlikely, if I do get caught, the fine will be far greater than the worth of the entire game.

How would they know that you bought it in the US. Couldn’t you say that you took it with you.

Then he would have to open the box, find someone to play it like 10 times, and yes then its free

Technically I could probably get away with it, but if the border guard starts asking me a shitload of questions about it I might crack under the pressure. I may end up sneaking it, but even so the cost of gas to drive down there almost makes it pointless.

• Oh, I guess you dont live close to the border.

On another note, you need an avatar.

• nice I got -2 karma from this thread

• Can’t you just order it over the internet? Yes, the shipping will bring the game to 80-90$, but its far less than 112 :)

Robert

• Is that 112 Canadien or US Dollars?

• ohh that is a bit of a difference

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Yo EvilDude,

If you live in or near Vancouver, Dextrol Games is on 4th and MacDonald. They will order you a copy and you can guarantee one on release day for the regular retail price. This is how I got AA1942 and it is how I will be getting both of the AA1940 games. Plus, the girl who works there is pretty cute too.  :wink:

And if you go by there you can stop by my place for a game because I only live 4 blocks away!

• Then suddenly it turned out that Canada was a nice place after all ?

• It always has been. Its just cold, but Its really nice in canada. at least the cities are clean.

• I’ve been to Canada a couple times. Looks just like the US except the money is different and you have to go to a beer store to buy beer.

• If you can wait until the games are officially released they are available at Sentry Box or Great White Games here in Calgary. Both are reasonable. I have bought all previous A&A games from either of these. Vancouver has got to have the same or similar. Only AA50 was alot more. I picked-up AA25 for $ 35.99 CAN at Sentry Box. They told me they will be stocking the new ones as well. Just an option.

• @Canuck12:

Yo EvilDude,

If you live in or near Vancouver, Dextrol Games is on 4th and MacDonald. They will order you a copy and you can guarantee one on release day for the regular retail price. This is how I got AA1942 and it is how I will be getting both of the AA1940 games. Plus, the girl who works there is pretty cute too.  :wink:

And if you go by there you can stop by my place for a game because I only live 4 blocks away!

Excellent! It’s not too far so I’ll probably end up going there.
    Thank you!
    And it sounds like you should ask that girl to have a game with you  :wink:

@Panzer:

If you can wait until the games are officially released they are available at Sentry Box or Great White Games here in Calgary. Both are reasonable. I have bought all previous A&A games from either of these. Vancouver has got to have the same or similar. Only AA50 was alot more. I picked-up AA25 for $ 35.99 CAN at Sentry Box. They told me they will be stocking the new ones as well. Just an option.

I’ll try to find out if there’s a Sentry Box or Great White Games around here.

Thank you!

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

No worries mate. Happy playing.

Correction on the name though, its Drexoll Games. In case you were phonebooking or mapquesting it…

• @Brain:

That’s 36 Loonies or 18 Toonies. Did I spell that right?

Not sure if you fit that many loonies in your pocket at once. :-D

Yes you did spell correctly. :lol:

Canada is been tossing the idea around to get rid of $5 bills also now. Wonder if they will call those Quinties or Fivoonies? :-D

• @Brain:

How about Loony ‘n’ twotoonies?

:lol: :lol:

• Loony ‘n’ twotoonies, that just rolls off the tongue doesn’t it?

• yep, it’ll prob be a quintoonie though, or more like it, a quaintoonie.

• How about twotoonies’n’aloony.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m