• Posting this for any feedback. Trying to implement a DAK rule into GW36.

Prerequisite: Italy and Germany must be at war with an Allied Major Power.

The DAK receives units from the following:
    3 Infantry
    1 Motorized Infantry
    2 Artillery class units, limited to 1 self propelled artillery
    1 Light and 1 Medium or 2 light armor
    Cost to implement: 1 IPP per unit, maximum 5 IPP to spend

**DAK can be reinforced one time in a future turn paying full price for the unit from the remaining units not selected from the first deployment **

Transfer to originally Italian-possessed North African land zone via supply Path. If the Allies have combat aircraft on Malta or warships in the Mediterranean, each DAK unit is subject to an interdiction roll.

1-4: Transport ships are sunk and unit is lost at sea
    5-12: Unit lands safely in North Africa

Can be repatriated back to Italian Home Country with the same interdiction rules.

DAK units not subject to Desert rules.

• @adalwolf Are you looking for gameplay or historical value here?

If you want to get historical, you must use Italian transports and German transport aircraft as that is how DAK got to Africa.

I would go as far as to make sure DAK incorporates Italian units as DAK wasn’t exclusively German. This would help balance out the fact that the Axis don’t have any rules about attacking together unlike the Allies and Comintern.

If each division equals a single unit, you can copy this:

Under German Command:
    DAK June 41: 2 German Medium tanks. 1 Italian Motor Infantry
    DAK Jan 42: 2 German Medium Tanks. 1 German and 1 Italian Infantry
    DAK July 42: 2 German Medium tanks. 1 German Infantry

Under Italian Command
    DAK Jan 43: 2 German Medium tanks. 2 Italian Light tanks.

Air force units are harder to judge because from my understanding. DAK itself wasn’t equip with an air force, more like the German air units were there as an overall supporting force.

What I gave you is if you want to take a pure historical view of DAK.

As for simple gameplay, I’ve seen 1 infantry, 1 medium tank, 1 artillery, and 1 AA gun be used as DAK.

Let me know what you think.

• @caesar-seriona said in DAK house rule:

@adalwolf Are you looking for gameplay or historical value here? Both, but gameplay would trump.

If you want to get historical, you must use Italian transports and German transport aircraft as that is how DAK got to Africa. (I like this idea of using Italian transports)

I would go as far as to make sure DAK incorporates Italian units as DAK wasn’t exclusively German. This would help balance out the fact that the Axis don’t have any rules about attacking together unlike the Allies and Comintern.

If each division equals a single unit, you can copy this:

Under German Command:
    DAK June 41: 2 German Medium tanks. 1 Italian Motor Infantry ( I would change this to 1 German light tank, 1 artillery, 1 Italian motor)
    DAK Jan 42: 2 German Medium Tanks. 1 German and 1 Italian Infantry (I would change to 1 German artillery/1 light tank and 1 medium tank, 1 German and 1 Italian infantry)
    DAK July 42: 2 German Medium tanks. 1 German Infantry (I would change to 1 German artillery / 1 light tank and 1 medium tank, 1 German infantry, 1 Italian Infantry)
    (The thought of having 6 mediums tanks in Africa is too overpowered)

Under Italian Command
    DAK Jan 43: 2 German Medium tanks. 2 Italian Light tanks. (1 German medium tank, 2 Italian light tanks)

Air force units are harder to judge because from my understanding. DAK itself wasn’t equip with an air force, more like the German air units were there as an overall supporting force.

What I gave you is if you want to take a pure historical view of DAK.

As for simple gameplay, I’ve seen 1 infantry, 1 medium tank, 1 artillery, and 1 AA gun be used as DAK.

Let me know what you think.

• @adalwolf You do not add up all those units into one single stack. Each year just tells you what DAK looked like that during that year.

Germany’s presents in Africa was much smaller than Italy, it’s just that the German units were slicing their way through the Allies until they were stopped in Egypt. If you were in the infantry as part of the Allies, you were more likely to see Italians than Germans.

Also, as I said, each unit if it equaled to a division would look the way it does. In Axis and Allies and Historical Board Gaming, you have to remember the sculpt you’re seeing isn’t an exclusive unit of just what it represents which is why it’s sometimes hard to understand what the unit is actually doing. Example, if an infantry sculpt is pure infantry, then how did it shoot down a bomber? It must of had some kind of AA guns right? Most German tank divisions usually were equip with artillery and infantry by default.

• @caesar-seriona Do note that the stated unit size for Global War is 1 corp=1 unit. A corp tends to be 2-4 divisions.

• @trig As far as I know, no value has ever been assigned by HBG or anyone because no nations uses universal outfitting with the exception of naval. HBG I know said for naval tonnage, they agreed to what a naval units means and then looked at the nations real life naval tonnage and assigned based on that. Example, 1 in game destroyer is apparently 40 real life destroyers.

• @caesar-seriona 774d1db9-62fd-4b78-a4f2-bb10e8ff9bc3-image.png
    Page 64

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m