• Sorry if this is obvious or has been asked and answered elsewhere.

Can a nation lend-lease to multiple different nations each turn? Or does it have to pick and focus on only 1 target?

• Also regarding Blitz, the rules state a blitz can occur if the first battle took “<3 turns”. Me and my group cannot determine what “less than 3 turns” is specifically. Is any shot fired on attacker’s round 3 considered too long to blitz? Is it still a success if the attacker only has to activate some of their units on round 3 to finish off the defenders? Is a full round 3 given?

• Provided that the nation’s national reference sheet does not restrict them from doing so(eg. “Once at war with a major power” or “any nation at war with a major power”), they may LL 1 military unit or half of the receiving nation’s current income in IPP’s to each nation. So yes you may LL to multiple nations in the same turn.

As for the blitz, I was unsure as well at first but I understood it as anything over 2 rounds of battle would make units capable of blitzing ineligible of doing so. The only exception I can think of would be if there was some sort of first strike hit closing out the battle, making the defender unable to shoot back and thus not being a full round, which is how I was playing at first until I realized that 1st strike only happens on the 1st round of combat and therefore that situation could never happen. I think a better way to have written it would have been “combat must have lasted 2 rounds or less”

Hope this helps.

• Regarding blitz, table 9-3 actually says that it can occur if combat lasted “<3 rounds”.

The concept of rounds is used fairly often in the rules. If you look at Table 9-2 of the v3 Rules you will find the sequence for land combat in 8 steps.

The first time that you go through these 8 steps would be the first round of combat.

Then the attacker may retreat or choose to initiate a second round of combat which repeats steps 3-7. If the battle is not over yet, then you would have to go through a third round (or more) and therefore lose the blitzing option.

In short, you have to eliminate all defending units by the end of round 2 to have the option to blitz. You cannot eliminate the remaining units in round 3 and still blitz.

• That’s what I was trying to say, but @Noneshallpass said it better. Thanks.

• Regarding lend-lease, I do not think that it is explicitely stated in the v3 Rules, but some of the wording suggests that multiple lend-lease can be performed in the same turn, provided that it goes to eligible nations, according to each National Reference Sheet.

Specifically, Rule 7.9 mentions: “Major Powers may send lend-lease to other Major and Minor Powers. This can be either military units or IPPs.”

It also mentions in the “Production” subsection that you “Purchase the unit during the Production Phase and place in on the Production Chart with the receiving nations roundel underneath it.”

Finally, rule 11.4 mentions in the “Over Land Zones Delivery Process” that “The lend-lease stops in the first land zone in the receiving nations Home Country”.

The use of plural in all these rules suggests that there may be more than one receiving nation at a time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m