• Hey everyone. Just getting back into A&A after a long hiatus. Exciting that there are two new versions of the game since I last played. (revised & anniversary)

Anyways im trying to figure out which of those versions to get (should I play them in order of their release or skip right to Anniversary) im also considering going back any getting some of the offshoots like D-Day and Europe etc…

But I wanted to see how the hardcore players rate them. So if you guys have some time can you rate the games in order of personal preference, 1-9? (i got nine by including the miniature game) Maybe a brief explanation of why you rate the top one or two so high and maybe an explanation of why you rate the bottom two so low)

And not so much by series importance, but current level of interest in playing. (otherwise id assume Classic would win out, which is fine if that’s still the version you like playing most)

Thanks in advance. Im going to be ordering quite a few versions this week and wanted to get opinions from people that matter!

• 1. AA original (my first love)
    2. AAA50 new kid on the block requires new strategies
    3. AAG nice balance
    4. AAE I like the slugfest with Russia
    5. AABB tough to win as Germany, but possible
    6. AAP good overall but I’m not thrilled with the Chinese system.
    7. AADD I have thown this board as the German player.
    8/9. AAR and AA minatures I havn’t played either.

• 1. AAR
    2. Classic, 2 ed.

There is such a gulf between the two that its almost not worth comparing them to me.  My old game sits in its box and we wont touch it even if we want to play A+A, there is just no reason for it anymore.  I think I am going to just scrounge the units out so that we can replace eventual losses in the new board.

• @daggaz:

1. AAR
    2. Classic, 2 ed.

There is such a gulf between the two that its almost not worth comparing them to me.  My old game sits in its box and we wont touch it even if we want to play A+A, there is just no reason for it anymore.  I think I am going to just scrounge the units out so that we can replace eventual losses in the new board.

Im assuming AAR is revised, and do they actually sell a Classic 2ed anymore? I didnt see anything other than Revised, Anniversary and the offshoots (D-Day, Europe etc) at my local shop.

Im not sure what version I was playing as a kid but im pretty sure it was the original GameMaster 84 version. Is 2ed clearly labeled as such or that just classic with a revised rule book?

• just classic with a revised rule book :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m