• hawt naked aggression.

hawt.  :-D

• 2007 AAR League

I would say your weakness is that you fight battles that you are statistically supposed to lose badly
    am I remembering right… you attack Switch’s BB and tRN with 1 FTR 1 Bomber?
    your strength is that you win those battles more than I would. In fact, you win those battles more than I win battles I should win 90% of the time.
    am I remembering right… you won that battle?

another strength is that you always mix it up and try new and daring things. You also dont get discouraged at all and keep fighting to the end. And you are always fair and respectful, and a great sport.

• I have to agree.

That is one of the best things about Nix (and one of the things lacking in me).  He is a heck of a sport, and is a gentlemen always.

• 2007 AAR League

To save my attack on bb, trn (sitch) i pressent the following resuklt from frood)

Attacker results:

4.86% 2: 1 Fig, 1 Bom.     no units. : 0 IPCs
      19.12% 1:     1 Bom.       1 Fig. : 10 IPCs
      76.02% 0: no units.   1 Fig, 1 Bom. : 25 IPCs
    Defender results:
    Probability % # units / losses
      25.72% 2: 1 Tra, 1 Bat.     no units. : 0 IPCs
      32.04% 1: 1 Bat. 1 Tra. : 8 IPCs
      42.24% 0: no units.     1 Tra, 1 Bat. : 32 IPCs

My goal was to kill the trn, everything else was a bonus. So i had a 74% probability to do that or better.

Then it´s of course a matter of opinion if it´s a smart trade or not.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Presuming it’s the transport in the Med and the only one there, it might be a good attack.  Depends on the situation. :P

• 2007 AAR League

i personally think it is SUCH a good move that any opponents I play should TOTALLY do it!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@mateooo:

i personally think it is SUCH a good move that any opponents I play should TOTALLY do it!

If that’s good, then buying 2 more on Russia 2 would be AWESOME!  Especially if Russia 3 is a bomber purchase (by then you should be under 20 IPC in income anyway with those two purchases for rounds 1 and 2. :P  )

• 2007 AAR League

I do understand your view on it then :)

But as i said, it´s up to individual judgment if it´s a good trade or not, i would say it can be quite good, since germany gets in a difficult position regarding africa if the trn is lost.

But my main point was that this isn´t an attack that succeds 1 of 10 tries, it´s and attack that fulfill the goal 7 out of 10.

Overly aggressive? yes perhaps.

And i know my overly aggressive stance is something I will be working at in the future thanx for your input so far, looking forward for more  :)

• 2007 AAR League

well, it helps to know my mentality to understand my opinion on this.

I seriously expect bad outcomes with every battle I roll. Not like average results, or below average results. I expect and prepare for that worst 15% or less outcome you see waaaay on the bottom of the frood estimates. So I never fight battles that I dont have a 80+% chance of winning. In fact, most of my battles are probably >95% chance to win. Its why I get SOOO pissed off when I lose a battle, because I when I do lose, its a <5% chance of happening.
    Ive even given up 70% chances to take UK, because I know if I go for it, I will roll that 30% chance to lose. Seriously… go ask Gamer! he knows how bad my luck is. thats why he is such a good partner. He rolls like a leprecaun on crack.

So the reason why I would never go for the BB and TRN with 1 FTR and 1 BOM, is because I would lose with 2 FTR and 1 BOM, or 3 FTR… so I could NEVER win with 1 FTR and 1 BOM.

• 2007 AAR League

You need to get up on the horse again  :)

But the truth of the matter of course is that if you do 10 70% attacks, your only like 5% chance of winning all so some will be lost.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m