• @TG:

How many terms was FDR elected to office?

Is trick?  Say office not President or Office of President?

• If trick he elected 8 times.  2 to New York Senate, 2 to New York Governor. 4 to President of the United States.  For bonus, he not finish any of his offices.  He resign from Senate before end of term, he win President and resign from Governor.  He die in office before finish fourth term as President.

• Good job all.  The correct answer is Four Terms

FDR was first elected to the office of presidency in 1932, then reelected again in 1936, 1940, and 1944.  President Roosevelt would serve less than a year in his fourth term before succumbing to a cerebral hemorrhage in April 12th, 1945 – less than a month from VE Day.

If trick he elected 8 times.  2 to New York Senate, 2 to New York Governor. 4 to President of the United States.  For bonus, he not finish any of his offices.  He resign from Senate before end of term, he win President and resign from Governor.  He die in office before finish fourth term as President.

The goal is not to see how well you can look up information online. ;) 
    Rather it’s a test to see how good you are at retaining information.

• Is not to look up online.  Is that the question you ask was trick.

He elected to office eight times.

You not post right question, you not get answer you want.

• 2007 AAR League

OK. I believe that I am ready with the first 2 questions, at least. The third question will be determind by whether the first 2 are easy or hard for you guys. I have also changed the format slightly in that I will be asking 2 questions, 1 that is easier and 1 that is harder.

Question 1: Ox-headed.

Who was Bucephalus?

Bonus question: How was he honored in death?

• I had to look it up.  Had the wrong culture (albeit, a neighbor) and wrong “tale.”

• No Clue.  Seems like Mesopotamian mythology?

• Hmmm… the name sounds familiar… but for some reason I’m thinking it’s the name of a horse…

The name looks Greek to me.  It just seems to flow off the tounge the same way the words Apocalypse and Parthenon would.

I’m going to go with a Greek horse.  I’m not sure who his / her owner was.

No idea about the bonus question.

LT

• 2007 AAR League

@TG:

No Clue.  Seems like Mesopotamian mythology?

You’re in the neighborhood and the relevant kingdom does begin with an M.

• 2007 AAR League

@LT04:

Hmmm… the name sounds familiar… but for some reason I’m thinking it’s the name of a horse…

The name looks Greek to me.  It just seems to flow off the tounge the same way the words Apocalypse and Parthenon would.

I’m going to go with a Greek horse.  I’m not sure who his / her owner was.

No idea about the bonus question.

LT

Good call on the horse. I figured someone would recognize the name but I felt it would be too easy if I had asked “What was Bucephalus” instead of who. Besides he was treated more as a “who” by his owner, anyway.

And you are also in the neighborhood.

Hint for the bonus question: It was typical of Bucephalus’ owner to do this.

• You’re in the neighborhood and the relevant kingdom does begin with an M.

Hrm… a horse, Greek based.  And the relevant kingdom begins with an M.

Are we talking about the Mycenae Empire?

• '19 Moderator

TG Moses, just when I thought I would someday reach your legendary post count.  Good to see you here again old friend, I am away in mesopotamia again, coinsidentaly it seems.

Glad to hear your still playing, it will be a few months before I am able to give the new Aniversery addition a try myself, but I am working on a copy of revised to introduce to some of the guys here.

Go good to see ya Dezrt.

@U-505:

Who was Bucephalus?

Alexander’s Horse.
    I’m not sure how he was honored though.

• Alexander’s Horse.

The lightbulb just went off in my head.  If what you’re saying is correct, than Bucephalus was probably honored by Alexander naming a city after him.  I remember reading in World History that Alexander would frequently name settlements and captured cities after himself.  Besides Alexandria (the famous one), Alexander established at least a dozen more settlements based on variations of his name.  I even believe Alexander named one of those cities after his horse.

TG Moses, just when I thought I would someday reach your legendary post count.  Good to see you here again old friend, I am away in mesopotamia again, coinsidentaly it seems.

Good to see you too dezertfish.  If I remember correctly, you and Jensen were the first two moderators here (with Jensen being the administrator).  I did reach my legendary post count of 5000 two weeks ago.  It was something Yanny and I were both jockeying for.  I guess now, looking at someone like Imperious Leader – it really isn’t much now.  Our forum has grown up. ;)

Axis and Allies: Anniversary is a blast.  We’ve all had a hoot playing it so far.

• '19 Moderator

Yanny was the first mod, I came in later, I read alot more that I posted back in the day.

When I get back to the states I may have to go on a Axis and Allies tour, and play with guy that I’ve talked to for years… We’ll see

• 2007 AAR League

@DarthMaximus:

Go good to see ya Dezrt.

@U-505:

Who was Bucephalus?

Alexander’s Horse.

Correct.

@TG:

The lightbulb just went off in my head.  If what you’re saying is correct, than Bucephalus was probably honored by Alexander naming a city after him.  I remember reading in World History that Alexander would frequently name settlements and captured cities after himself.  Besides Alexandria (the famous one), Alexander established at least a dozen more settlements based on variations of his name.  I even believe Alexander named one of those cities after his horse.

Exactly. Bucephala is believed to have been founded at or near the modern day city of Jhelum, Pakistan.

And a bonus +1 karma to LT04 for getting halfway through the first question.

• 2007 AAR League

OK. This next one I think will be easier.

Question 2:Marital bliss

Lady Astor had had a number of exchanges between herself and a certain person. One of the most famous was her quote:

“If you were my husband, I’d poison your tea.”

To whom was she speaking?

Bonus question: What was his response?

• @U-505:

OK. This next one I think will be easier.

Question 2:Marital bliss

Lady Astor had had a number of exchanges between herself and a certain person. One of the most famous was her quote:

“If you were my husband, I’d poison your tea.”

To whom was she speaking?

Bonus question: What was his response?

I believe that Sir Winston Churchill replied “and if i were your husband, i would drink it”

• '19 Moderator

Damn you CC, I was posting and you beat me to it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m