• @Krieghund:

@squirecam:

Secondly, assuming China takes Manchuria, would UK get this bonus? China is an “ally” for this, correct? (I assume it is)

China is an Allied power, but the territories of Manchuria and Kiangsu are special cases.  Though they start the '41 scenario in Japanese hands, they are considered to be Chinese territories, and are so marked on the map.  As such, they would not count toward this UK National Objective.

Ok, so not only must the territory start out controlled by the Japanese, it must be a non-chinese territory.

Under that scenario, its a pretty limited objective. The only non-island territory that qualifies is FIC.

• Anyway this bonus rule sure seem to complicate things a bit, if you had issues with keeping track of IPC income and VC ownership, this bonus sure give more brain-work. It ain’t even marked on the map, so you need to memorize it too.

• Finally, UK’s objectives are not all confirmed yet. Dont you think UK might just have a bonus for holding some med territories??

Squirecam has a point here that we need more info on the UK objectives. While I got some good info on the other objectives from GENCON players on the web, the UK wasn’t something people remembered that well. Is there some kind of Atlantic national objective for UK, for example? This would also influence discussions if Germany should go for a naval strategy or not, so would be nice to know.

Ps. Edited original post. Ds.

• Anyway this bonus rule sure seem to complicate things a bit, if you had issues with keeping track of IPC income and VC ownership, this bonus sure give more brain-work. It ain’t even marked on the map, so you need to memorize it too.

Agree. On a 1 v 1 this will complicate the game a lot. You have to remember all allies or all axis bonuses. To forget about one is very easy. Depending on how many there realy are ofcourse.

But a 3 v 3 player game the bonuses will work nice cuz then you only have to think about your own bonuses. I realy enjoy the russian bonus you get if there are noe allies troops in russia :)

• Official Q&A

@squirecam:

Ok, so not only must the territory start out controlled by the Japanese, it must be a non-chinese territory.

Under that scenario, its a pretty limited objective. The only non-island territory that qualifies is FIC.

Sounds like this will promote more fighting in the central Pacific.    8-)

@Adlertag:

Anyway this bonus rule sure seem to complicate things a bit, if you had issues with keeping track of IPC income and VC ownership, this bonus sure give more brain-work. It ain’t even marked on the map, so you need to memorize it too.

They are also printed on the back of the set-up charts.

@Lynxes:

Is there some kind of Atlantic national objective for UK, for example? This would also influence discussions if Germany should go for a naval strategy or not, so would be nice to know.

There are no UK objectives that deal with sea zones.

• @Greand:

Anyway this bonus rule sure seem to complicate things a bit, if you had issues with keeping track of IPC income and VC ownership, this bonus sure give more brain-work. It ain’t even marked on the map, so you need to memorize it too.

Agree. On a 1 v 1 this will complicate the game a lot. You have to remember all allies or all axis bonuses. To forget about one is very easy. Depending on how many there realy are ofcourse.

But a 3 v 3 player game the bonuses will work nice cuz then you only have to think about your own bonuses. I realy enjoy the russian bonus you get if there are noe allies troops in russia :)

After a few games you will know them by heart.

• @Krieghund:

Sounds like this will promote more fighting in the central Pacific.    8-)

Yes, I know.  :-D

• Official Q&A

@Lynxes:

Germany

Baltic States+Belorussia+East Ukraine+Ukraine= 5 IPCs

This one is actually 5 IPCs for controlling at least 3 of the following territories: Baltic States, East Poland, Ukraine, Eastern Ukraine and/or Belorussia.

• Official Q&A

@Lynxes:

US/China

France = 5 IPCs

This is correct.  The US gets 5 IPCs if any Allied power controls France.

• What is the starting income e.g. for Germany? 37 or 42 as they have reached one national objective already at the start?

• Official Q&A

Starting IPCs do not include any National Objective money.  You only receive that starting at the end of your first turn.

• As a matter of clean-up to stuff already revealed…

1. You still have Italy as a bonus for other countries. It is not. The only country that gets a bonus for holding Italy is Italy. And Italy only by holding other stuff + Italy.

2. USA has 4 objectives, not 5. The last ??? can be deleted.

3. UK has 3 objectives, not 4. I think the “Big K” already said which one was incorrect earlier.

• Official Q&A

@squirecam:

1. UK has 3 objectives, not 4. I think the “Big K” already said which one was incorrect earlier.

Nope.  I nixed a fifth one that’s been removed.  All I’ve done with the remaining four is confirm that the first one’s correct.

• /squirecam

Ok, updated. You seem to have quiet good notes from GENCON, care to elaborate?

/Krieghund

I think I have confirmation on the first three US objectives, I’m not sure if you made these confirmations but maybe some were from Squirecam or Herr Arnulfe.

Also, Imperious Leader has added on the Fact thread a soviet objective that is similar to the german, i.e.;

Controlling at least 3 of the following territories: Baltic States, East Poland, Ukraine, Eastern Ukraine and/or Belorussia= 5 IPC.

Is this correct and my suggestion wrong?

• @Lynxes:

(Libya+Egypt+Anglo-Egypt Sudan+Transjordan+Italian Africa=5 IPCs)

@ Big “K”: Ist this correct? I would rather say it would be “historical correct” without TRJ.

• Official Q&A

@Lynxes:

I think I have confirmation on the first three US objectives, I’m not sure if you made these confirmations but maybe some were from Squirecam or Herr Arnulfe.

Yes, I confirmed them.

@Lynxes:

Also, Imperious Leader has added on the Fact thread a soviet objective that is similar to the german, i.e.;

Controlling at least 3 of the following territories: Baltic States, East Poland, Ukraine, Eastern Ukraine and/or Belorussia= 5 IPC.

Is this correct and my suggestion wrong?

Imperious has apparently erroneously assigned this one to the USSR in addition to Germany.

• Official Q&A

@Atlantikwall:

@Lynxes:

@ Big “K”: Ist this correct? I would rather say it would be “historical correct” without TRJ.

I was going to do a Japanese one today, but I’ll do this one instead.

@Lynxes:

Italy

Italy gains 5 IPCs if Axis powers control at least 3 of the following territories: Egypt, Trans-Jordan, France and/or Gibraltar.

• @Krieghund:

I was going to do a Japanese one today, but I’ll do this one instead

Is there a forth japanese goal or is one of the three incorrect?

• Official Q&A

I’ve only confirmed one of the Japanese Objectives so far.  Maybe Lynxes should mark the ones I’ve confirmed with an asterisk or something?

• @Krieghund:

I’ve only confirmed one of the Japanese Objectives so far.  Maybe Lynxes should mark the ones I’ve confirmed with an asterisk or something?

I think this one is a little incorrect: Manchuria+Kiangsu [Shanghai region]+French Indo-China/Thailand=5 IPCs

I assume that you have to hold Formosa as well to obtain that bonus.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m