National Objectives Proposed Changes

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I don’t know if there have been “hot fixes” to these National Objectives like they did in regards to Improved Factory Production Technology and Closing Dardenelles, etc, but I think the following changes would make the game better:

Germany’s National Objective for Control of Karelia or Caucasus should be changed so that GERMANY must control either.  If Italy or Japan controls one or both of the territories, then Germany does not get the national objective. (Note, Italy or Japan can control one, but then Germany must control the other.)

Russia’s National Objective for controlling Eastern Europe should be limited to Russian controlled lands.  If England controls Finland and Norway and Russia gets Bulgaria, then they only have Bulgaria in regards to the National Objective.

Russia’s National Objective for not having allied units on their land should only apply to red territories, not conquered territories.

• Customizer

I like the first one and the third one.  However the 2nd one would mean that Russia never ever gets that NO.

Below are some of the changes that my play group uses.  Sometimes we use none, some, or all of them.  The idea here is two-fold, we want to balance the game, and increase interactivity/fun.  The first three changes listed are to improve the interactivity of the Pacific theater, and the last 3 are to fix perceived balanced issues.

1. Japan’s 2nd NO should be changed to require Japan control 5 instead of 4 of those territories (ie: require Japan to control five of Kwangtung, Borneo, East Indies, Philippines, New Guinea, Solomons)

2. Japan’s 3rd NO should not include India (ie: require Japan to control either Hawaii or Australia)

3. America’s 2nd NO should give 10 IPCs instead of 5, and should include Okinawa (ie: Gain 10 IPCs if the allies control either the Philippines or Okinawa)[we have found that we could increase these to 1000 ipcs and it wouldn’t do anything because America will never control either anyway, but at least it provides a little pie-in-the-sky for America to look forward to]

4. Britain’s 1st NO should require 5 instead of 6/all of those territories (ie: require UK to control 5 of Western Canada, Eastern Canada, Gibraltar, Egypt, Australia, South Africa.

5. Germany’s 1st NO should require that there be Zero Japanese forces in Germany’s Territory, similar to russia’s 1st NO (ie: if NO Japanese forces are present in a territory controlled by Germany and if Germany controls France, NWEurope, Poland, Czech, Bulgaria, Germany)

6. Italy’s 2nd NO should require that there be Zero Japanese forces in Italian Territory, similar to russia’s 1st NO (ie: if NO Japanese forces are present in a territory controlled by Italy, and if Italy controls 2 of Gibraltar, Egypt, and Trans-Jordan)

• I don’t like $10 NO’s, too all or nothing
    Russia should have 3 NO’s, each wirth $5
    first as normal (red territorries is interesting)
    2nd for allies controlling nor/fin
    third for euro territorries

USA should have another $5 NO in pacific

sorry I am short on details, perhaps I will post my ideas better when I don’t have house guests  :-P

I like the thread Jen, +1 karma!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m