• If earlier, I moved some inf from Wester US to western canada on a non combat move, so now i have us and uk troops there and Japan attackes western canada from Alaska, how does that work?  who fights, us or uk or both??

thanks.

• Any units that occupy a territory that is attacked can defend.  So both your US and UK troops would defend against the Japs.

• Jack is correct.

Both of your troops would defend together at the same time, like they are one nation and not two.

you choose to take the hits at your will, so you can choose let say 1 inf UK 1 inf USA or whatever you like

you re the man :mrgreen:

• Official Q&A

It’s important to note here that if the US and UK are controlled by separate players, each player would roll for his/her own units, and casualties would need to be agreed upon by both parties.  If they can’t come to an agreement, the attacker chooses the casualties.

• Good point K - if I knew what Karma was and how to give it, it’d be +1 for you!

• That sounds to be the best compramise.

What my group always did was let the player (UK in this case) run the allied side of the battle because it was there AO (army slang for Area of Operation).  The UK player would most likely have the US player take the most hits.

The reason for this is becuase when we played this most often happened when you were Russia. The Russian player would control the allies.  Since the Russian’s are being supported by the other allied players.  The US and the UK player understood that they were sending support troops to be fed to the meat grinder.

But I like your way better.

-LT

• Official Q&A

@captainjack:

Good point K - if I knew what Karma was and how to give it, it’d be +1 for you!

You’ll find out when you get to 100 posts.  In the meantime, you can owe me!  8-)

@losttribe04:

But I like your way better.

It’s not my way - it’s in the rules!  :wink:

• @Krieghund:

@captainjack:

Good point K - if I knew what Karma was and how to give it, it’d be +1 for you!

You’ll find out when you get to 100 posts.  In the meantime, you can owe me!   8-)

Thanks

• cool, thanks.  One other question… Can you attack a sub with a bomber or fighter??  or can it only be attacked by another ship of some kind?  and if it can be attacked by a plane, I guess the same rules apply where if you miss with your first shot, the sub can submerge.

• Yes, you can attack a sub with a fighter or bomber; and yes, if the aircraft misses, then the sub has the option of submerging.  Also, the sub cannot return fire to an aircraft.

• aha… that is what we have been doing wrong.  we thougt you always get a chance to fight back, even if you were hit… So subs are good for attacking, but very weak against an air attack… :lol:

• I just made R6 and I know I will be able to make a R7 and probably R8.  Shouldn’t Russian not last this long?  I also have had Russia collect at 31 IPC at once and usually averages 27.  UK has been sending troops over though UK is only collecting 17 IPC next turn but should be able to get more in a few turns… comments?

• what does the board look like?

• Well the board looks like both axis and allies have a chance of winning…  I was just wandering if this is unusual.  It is G6.  I’ve gotten some good rolls and some bad ones.  I was lucky enough to have Germany have no navy till last turn when he built a BB, Trn, DD.  However, I will definitely have R7 and R8.  UK is slowing losing IPC, like I said Africa is lost 50% to Germany 50% to Japan.  Japan has China, India, Bury, SFE, 50% of Africa with a nice Navy in 61 with 5 Ftrs in Africa and I will lose Brazil to Japan next turn.  America has Wake, C. Is., S. Is, Borneo, East Indies, mild hold on Lybia but nice Navy in Pacific (now split up half on Boreno half on C. Is.  UK also has AC, Trn, DD, 2 Inf with US Navy.  America then has LRA with a total of 11 planes.  If US were to attack Japan Navy with everything (including Ftrs) then US would win but vice versa for Japan.
    I also will have  2 BB,AC,DD,3 Trns (6 Inf) in sz55 after US6
    That’s in a nutshell.

• @mrsoccerchessman:

I just made R6 and I know I will be able to make a R7 and probably R8.  Shouldn’t Russian not last this long?  I also have had Russia collect at 31 IPC at once and usually averages 27.  UK has been sending troops over though UK is only collecting 17 IPC next turn but should be able to get more in a few turns… comments?

I won a game where Moscow was still standing strong in round 24.  It all depends on your approach.  If you are playing very aggressively (or carelessly) with russia, they won’t last very long, but even then, moscow should last 8 rounds most games if you make any attempt to hold it.  You have to make sure if you are aggressive, you are dishing out enough damage so that your allies can sack berlin around the same time moscow falls (or else they are mostly dedicated to backfilling moscow to protect it while the russians go to the front).  Otherwise japan (assuming they’re the ones who took moscow) will become a monster and run over the continent.

• Well, I ended up winning the game.  Very interesting and by far the most fun game I’ve played.  It would have seemed that Russia was going to fall but America was going to take the monster opponent Japan who was getting loads of territories.  However, I took Borneo East Indies and all his Islands so that he only averaged 40 income.  America had 4 BBs, 2 DD, 3 AC, 16 Ftr w/ LRA, 8 Trn w/ 2 Arm and the rest Inf, 2 subs, and a small UK fleet floating with them for more firepower on defense…  I eliminated his 5 BBs, 4 DD, AC with 2 Ftr, 3 Trn with 6 Inf.  I then took Tokyo and from there it was all downhill…  UK managed to get it’s places back and be a threat again and Russia always had an average of 28 income the whole game.  My opponent put up a good fight but then again I was against two friends and the one who is still a newb at the game made some poor decisions and thus when he had to leave my other friend had to take his spot.  Many times we were both thinking it was pretty even.

KJF - always a fun game

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m