• Imagine the following situation:

German tanks staying in Germany aiming to reinforce Karelia position. Unfortunately an English amphibious attack in Eastern Europe was successful leaving a couple of British infantry there. They are blocking the direct route for the German tanks to Karelia.

Is it possible for Germany to solve the problem by this:

• combat phase: infantry + air units attack Eastern Europe und conquer it.

• non-combat phase: all tanks move from Germany to Karelia via Eastern Europe.

Or generally spoken: is it possible for tanks to move through newly conquered areas to an area that has been friendly before in the non-combat phase ?

• Yes.
    You are quite correct, tanks may pass through newly conqured territory to a friendly territory on the NCM phase.
    Even if it was just conqured this turn.
      Happy Gaming  :-D

• Of course the ARM making the NCM to Karelia could not have engaged in any other combat that turn either…

• There is another way too, if the Brits landet more inf in EE than you can kill. Lets say the Brits landet 10 inf in EE, and you want to move 8 tanks to Karelia. Then you attack EE with your 8 tanks from Ge, and one inf from Karelia. And after one round of combat, you just retreat your surveiving tanks to Karalia. Now this will be better use of the tanks.

• But do you have to have a surviving unit from the territory which you wish to retreat too? Taking the 1inf and 8tank example say you did attack EE and the UK got 3 hits, would the inf still have to survive in order to retreat all of the remaining tanks into Karelia?

• Official Q&A

No.  In a land battle, you may retreat all remaining land units together to any adjacent territory from which any of the land units came, whether or not any of those units still exist.  Of course, if there is an amphibious assault involved, you can’t retreat land units at all.

• @jone6692:

But do you have to have a surviving unit from the territory which you wish to retreat too? Taking the 1inf and 8tank example say you did attack EE and the UK got 3 hits, would the inf still have to survive in order to retreat all of the remaining tanks into Karelia?

Naturally yuou should sent more than one infantry to absorb the hits from the UK units (10 inf should score 3 hits on average as you said) but I think that Adlertag have explained the mechanics of the move not the number of units nedeed.

• Yes I did indeed just explain the mechanics.

If brits have 10 defenders, you should also move in 4 inf as fodder. So if you buy 8 tanks and 6 inf and want all of them to Karelia, you just attack EE with this Ge force together with one lonely inf from Karelia, and after one round of combat retreat all remaining units to Karelia. Now your 6 Ge inf even got a free bonus move, if they survave, and if the brits was not eleminated. If you unfortunately got 10 hits and killed all the brits, you must end your move in EE, and lose speed. So its importent to consider what is most crucial, killing all brits in EE and gain 3 IPC income, or keep up the speed to Moscow.

• Hi, and who the #0&& smitet me again ?

• @Adlertag:

Hi, and who the #0&& smitet me again ?

When in doubt, blame it on America!

• @Bunnies:

When in doubt, blame it on America!

I did not think Nuno was still around to do that…  :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m