• Hi, my name is Johnny and I am new on these forums :-D
    I have played A&A 6 times. And i have always lost :-(. I always play against my friend and he’s a pro xD
    He’s always Axis and I Allies.

When it’s Germany’s turn he does a attack on Anglo-Egypt. After the battle you have this situation:

After that Africa is always lost. Can somebody tell me how i have to wipe him out of Africa?

Johnny

• You can hit Anglo-Egypt with the infantry from Trans-Jordan, two infantry from India with the transport, the Indian Ocean fighter, and the UK bomber (bomber optional).

Meanwhile, you MAY be able to unite the UK and US fleets west of Algeria, with up to 2 UK tanks and 2 UK infantry landing in Algeria, and 2 US inf 1 US art and 1 US tank landing there too.

If you have a capture of the whole map, you could get better advice.

• @Bunnies:

Meanwhile, you MAY be able to unite the UK and US fleets west of Algeria, with up to 2 UK tanks and 2 UK infantry landing in Algeria, and 2 US inf 1 US art and 1 US tank landing there too

And that is the Bunnyforce huh ?

He said the Axis player was pro, so take for grantet there is 4 fighters in France, 2 fighters in Libya and two Bombers too somewhere, all in range to hit seazone 12 with attackfactor of 26 against Allies defendfactor of 11, which in practis is 6 sunken ships, and next turn the men in Algerie is slaghtered too, so much for your good advice, thank you mister B but I stick to my masterplan.

• Well i think what Bunnies said is a good plan. The first time and second time we played he did that what you said Adlertag.
    But i never counter attacked so now he does not that anymore (because he knows i am n00b xD)

I shall use what Bunnies said next time we play.

Or is there another better way to win this?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

BTW, I think Bunnies forgot to mention it, but many players also invade Algeria with the Tank from E. Canada and units from England as well as land planes and ground units from E. USA.

In SZ 12 you can have 4 Transports, Destroyer, Battleship and Submarine (Russian Sub).  If Germany wants to attack that with 5 fighters and a bomber, you may actually enjoy the experience, even if you lose all your ships.

In Algeria then, I would have 4 Infantry, 2 Artillery, Armor, AA Gun, Fighter (50/50 with the AA Gun/Fighter being American, AA Guns are worthless in North America, in Algeria it’s a thorn in the Axis’ side)

• Well, not bad advice, but I would have both UK armor and the USA tank in Algeria with 2 USA Infantry and two UK infantry, plus the USA artillery along with the USA fighter. And yes, Off shore in the fleet would be; the UK battleship, USA destroyer, two each of both UK and USA transports, and finally the Russian sub joins in on R2.

I also agree that the attack on the German troops in Egypt is a good idea, even if you don’t get it back, you should  try to reduce his forces in Africa anyway.  :wink:
      Happy gaming!

• @Crazy:

I also agree that the attack on the German troops in Egypt is a good idea, even if you don’t get it back, you should  try to reduce his forces in Africa anyway.  :wink:
      Happy gaming!

I agree on that, the brits should play aggressivly and always attack if able.

• @Johnny.Groningen:

When it’s Germany’s turn he does a attack on Anglo-Egypt.
    After that Africa is always lost. Can somebody tell me how i have to wipe him out of Africa?

Johnny

Sure man. Russia 1 buy one carrier and one sub and place them in Black Sea, and land the two fighters on the carrier. Now Germany must attack the Red Fleet, and ignore Egypt. If Germany ignore the Red fleet and attack Egypt, then their battleship and tranny are killed in Russia 2.

• @Adlertag:

@Johnny.Groningen:

When it’s Germany’s turn he does a attack on Anglo-Egypt.

Johnny

Sure man. Russia 1 buy one carrier and one sub and place them in Black Sea, and land the two fighters on the carrier. Now Germany must attack the Red Fleet, and ignore Egypt. If Germany ignore the Red fleet and attack Egypt, then their battleship and tranny are killed in Russia 2.

or he attacks your fleet and your weaken eastern front. and he has a very strong foothold in the caucuses by G3. (the bunnyforces  and Darth Vader couldn’t help russia if he did what you said.

• @Johnny.Groningen:

Hi, my name is Johnny and I am new on these forums :-D
    I have played A&A 6 times. And i have always lost :-(. I always play against my friend and he’s a pro xD
    He’s always Axis and I Allies.

When it’s Germany’s turn he does a attack on Anglo-Egypt. After the battle you have this situation:

Johnny

build and IC in Brazil and attack Africa from there (too)

• :|
    Silly plan Amon, very silly indeed. :-P

• @Crazy:

:|

at first glance i thoght the same thing. but he could potentially use the IC to sail to africa and then sail to India. especially if the UK puts an IC in India and can hold for a couple of extra turns.

• @Crazy:

It caused me grief on more than one occasion…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

the Brazillian complex is nice because it allows you to invade below the desert every round forcing Germany to split its attention.  Sometimes that cork in Egypt can get over whelming for the allies, but if you can liberate the south, you can prevent Russia from falling and force Germany to make choices like “do I want them to have S. Europe, or Egypt?”

• :-o
    Complex silliness!
    USA; Instead of an out of the way complex, Spend an extra IPC and buy 2 transports in E USA.
      Go to central and S. Africa with 2 armor and 2 Infantry. Clear all of the African continent South of the desert.        Transports can now go wherever you need them.
    Let’s stay flexible with those investments.
    I will never team up with an allied IC builder. Or a J1 IC builder for that matter either.
    Transports, transports, transports! You know you need them, just don’t waste precious income on out of the way ICs’.
    Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get back to my Travian game, damn Teuton raiders are after my resources again!
    :-P

• WHoaaa… :-o
    So many different things to do :| SO many ways and i never saw them :cry: N00by me -__-

Well i shall use them. Thx everybody :-D

• @Crazy:

:-o
    Complex silliness!
    USA; Instead of an out of the way complex, Spend an extra IPC and buy 2 transports in E USA.
       Go to central and S. Africa with 2 armor and 2 Infantry. Clear all of the African continent South of the desert.        Transports can now go wherever you need them.
    Let’s stay flexible with those investments.
    I will never team up with an allied IC builder. Or a J1 IC builder for that matter either.
    Transports, transports, transports! You know you need them, just don’t waste precious income on out of the way ICs’.
    Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get back to my Travian game, damn Teuton raiders are after my resources again!
    :-P

the USAtra-express can work with you, but only until my Yamamoto and the team reach the shores of Brasil 8-) :-D

• @Crazy:

silly or not, its my default Allied strategy

i do not consider my self to be among the best players on this forum, but i must admit that whenever i play the Axis and my opponent build an IC in Brazil i am not to much happy about it

i am not an Allied player, the Axis are my ˝default team˝ but i am learning to play with them as well…

i am ready to try it on the battleground

if you re in, let me know

• @Johnny.Groningen:

WHoaaa… :-o
    So many different things to do :| SO many ways and i never saw them :cry: N00by me -__-

Well i shall use them. Thx everybody :-D

use whatever you want from us, but always be your own and try do it your way, just be and it wont be our strategy anymore, but yours…

like in a game of chess… Each way of play, can be ˝upgraded˝ or altered , when somebody does that, its not the same ˝thing˝ anymore, its different and/or even better

but most of all, enjoy the game, and dont get dice rolls upset you!

well, try not to, FIGHT!  8-)  :mrgreen:

• @Adlertag:

@Bunnies:

Meanwhile, you MAY be able to unite the UK and US fleets west of Algeria, with up to 2 UK tanks and 2 UK infantry landing in Algeria, and 2 US inf 1 US art and 1 US tank landing there too

And that is the Bunnyforce huh ?

He said the Axis player was pro, so take for grantet there is 4 fighters in France, 2 fighters in Libya and two Bombers too somewhere, all in range to hit seazone 12 with attackfactor of 26 against Allies defendfactor of 11, which in practis is 6 sunken ships, and next turn the men in Algerie is slaghtered too, so much for your good advice, thank you mister B but I stick to my masterplan.

The German player didn’t even move units from Algeria to Libya, does that seem PRO to you?

Also if Russia hit Ukraine, you won’t have 2 fighters in Libya.  Nub.

Also I said you MAY be able to unite at Algeria.  I didn’t say it was always a good move.

I guess you just had a bad day or something Adlertag, if you want to go around misquoting people like that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m