Therapist's Notes: New York Times Mental Health Clinic

• I almost laughed at this. Then I remembered that this is actually the case at the Times.

• 2007 AAR League

its so freaking true.  how liberal reporters and pundits are terrible for our country on self defense.  they just dont like a president so America has to lose.  how pathetic is that, sadly not even close to as pathetic as those people can come.

always remember the HOUSE MAJORITY WHIP CLYBURN.  A SENIOR DEMOCRAT OFFICIAL.

“a positive report from iraq would be bad for us”  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x

and the senate LEADER reid.  ahem……jan 2007  “the surge is a failure”  and “the war in iraq is lost”

where’s good ole president lincoln when our nation needs him the most.  to bad in heaven, b/c he would of had these people shot for treason.  and they run our government!

rushmorecopyxy3.jpg

• @M36:

I almost laughed at this. Then I remembered that this is actually the case at the Times.

You’re supposed to laugh…it’s satire.

And that Rushmore pic…LOL.  So wrong I don’t know where to start.

• it is wrong, but not “so wrong”
    Washington was no party
    Jefferson was part of the Democratic Republican party. it’s stance was vary much in line with the modern Republican party in states rights and not being into forighn invalvment. the party latter split creating the Democratic party. so in this case Jefferson could be said to be Republican but it would be more accurate to call him both or nether.
    Lincoln is the first Pres to be a Republican. so that counts us at 1.
    Roosevelt was also Republican. so that counts us at 2.

so the count more accuratlly would be 2 Republicans and 0 Demacrats.
    considering Jefferson’s party stance and party name, i can see the confusion. but not a Republican as they are now.

• @Pervavita:

it is wrong, but not “so wrong”
    Washington was no party
    Jefferson was part of the Democratic Republican party. it’s stance was vary much in line with the modern Republican party in states rights and not being into forighn invalvment. the party latter split creating the Democratic party. so in this case Jefferson could be said to be Republican but it would be more accurate to call him both or nether.
    Lincoln is the first Pres to be a Republican. so that counts us at 1.
    Roosevelt was also Republican. so that counts us at 2.

While you are closer to the mark, it’s still off.

so the count more accuratlly would be 2 Republicans and 0 Demacrats.
    considering Jefferson’s party stance and party name, i can see the confusion. but not a Republican as they are now.

Exactly…so why does it even apply again?

• tell me how i’m off. i stated facts of party affiliation and also for the one party that a person was a member of, what that parties stance was.
    i don’t see how i’m off.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, as far as I know, Theodore Roosevelt was a Republican; Abraham Lincoln was a Republican; Thomas Jefferson was a Democrat (but democrats back then were very, VERY conservative) and George Washington didn’t even WANT to be President, let alone join a party that did not even exist yet. :P

• '19 Moderator

Technicaly the Democratic party was formed in 1820.  Jefersons party was the Democratic-Republican party and was generaly refered to as the Republican Party thought it had nothing to do with the modern Republican party.  The modern dems cling to the fact that thier party is from Jefersons, but not realy.  That’s the way I see it, I supose you could look at it differently, however if TJ was alive to day he would probably have nothing to do with either party… In fact he would probably be a libertarian…

• @dezrtfish:

Technicaly the Democratic party was formed in 1820.  Jefersons party was the Democratic-Republican party and was generaly refered to as the Republican Party thought it had nothing to do with the modern Republican party.  The modern dems cling to the fact that thier party is from Jefersons, but not realy.  That’s the way I see it, I supose you could look at it differently, however if TJ was alive to day he would probably have nothing to do with either party… In fact he would probably be a libertarian…

That’s what I’m saying.  Just because the parties back then had “Republican” in them doesn’t mean they correspond to today.

Jefferson & Washington were near polar opposites.  Lincoln was a “liberal” in those days.  Roosevelt almost sounds like a hippy some times.  They all exhibited traits that our current parties supposedly support so could go either way, but what we have today is a bastardization of their beliefs that’s been sold out to private interest.  TJ would be very displeased.

• '19 Moderator

@Jermofoot:

TJ would be very displeased.

LOL, I’d say that’s an understatement.

He’d probably call Ron Paul and start a new Party.  Somthing like “The Constitutionalist Party”…

• Actually, TJ would likely get a group of guys together, draw up a document, send it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and someone who signed the letter would do so REALLY BIG and as he finished signing make a remark like “I think old George should be able to read that”

:-D

• '19 Moderator

lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m