Bush's new "Snoop" Executive act

• Deviant, you arent thinking of how the world works. Sure, we put a leader in Afganistan, a very American friendly leader, but not one good for the Afgani people. We are going to do the same thing in Iraq. And there still has not been a vote in Afganistan, this guy’s term is long up.

• @F_alk:

american self justification: If you stand isolated, call everyone else cowards! Never admit that you could be wrong, as americans are never wrong!

Who said we’re never wrong? I can lay out plenty of mistakes that America has made. IMO: We’re not wrong in this instance. Oh well, I guess everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, and debating this is what’s fun. :P

@F_alk:

american definition of democracy:
    democracy is good for the american people. If it is outside the USA it still has to be good for the american people.

Not neccessarily. It just can’t pose a threat to the American people. There’s a big difference.

@F_alk:

that remembers me of the american definition of patriotism:
    patriotism is good, except for people who are not US-americans.

That’s cute. I wish I would have thought of this one. Too bad it’s not true… :cry:

@F_alk:

If you want to avoid double standards, then don’t use them yourself: You are the superpower, whatever you do must therefore be correct. You use double standards, the use of double standards therefore is legitimate. You don’t want double standards used against you……
    wise wise all-knowing citizen of the superpower, help me, i don’t understand how that works!

I’m sorry F_alk, double standards are a part of American life. They teach them to us starting in Kindergarten. It’s the basic essence of American life for which we all make decisions based upon. :lol:

I love hearing people from other countries comment on decisions that American’s make. These make the best posts. :wink:

• @Yanny:

Deviant, you arent thinking of how the world works. Sure, we put a leader in Afganistan, a very American friendly leader, but not one good for the Afgani people. We are going to do the same thing in Iraq. And there still has not been a vote in Afganistan, this guy’s term is long up.

Actually, the Afghani people don’t really hate their elected president, Hamid Karzai. I am assuming that he is much better than the previous Taliban government, and that they respect the man (of course this is speculation and what I’ve read in the news). But look at it this way, if they hated him, he would’ve been assassinated by now. The main disagreement is from the tribal warlords, who fear having their power and influence taken away.

democracy is good for the american people. If it is outside the USA it still has to be good for the american people.

And if not for democracy, then what?

that remembers me of the american definition of patriotism:
    patriotism is good, except for people who are not US-americans.

Not true! Sometimes I wish it was, but other ethnicities show their pride in America and outside of it.

• @F_alk:

@Deviant:Scripter:

Not neccessarily. It just can’t pose a threat to the American people. There’s a big difference.

@TG:

And if not for democracy, then what?

@DS: you would rather support a dictator, that poses no threat to the USA than a democracy that does?
    @TG: what do you mean with that?

@DS:

I’m sorry F_alk, double standards are a part of American life. They teach them to us starting in Kindergarten. It’s the basic essence of American life for which we all make decisions based upon.

Interesting: HFW is always complaining that we put double standards on you USies.

• @TG: what do you mean with that?

Just merely wondering what you want to replace democracy in other countries other than the US.

• I never said he was worse than the Taliban (which isn’t easy) I did say he isn’t a democratic minded leader with Afgani interests in mind.

• @TG:

@TG: what do you mean with that?

Just merely wondering what you want to replace democracy in other countries other than the US.

So, that would have been a question for DS and not for me then !

I don’t want to replace democracy anywhere, regardless of wether that one country will then oppose mine or not, as long as they are democratic, it’s their will… if they hate me, they will have a reson for that. I have to find that one, and work together with them (a thing where the US governments are not at their best, not at all!), so that we can resolve our problems together…

• Well, I don’t see any democratic governments in the world (at least not fascist states under the “guise” of being democratic governments) that really “hate” the US government. There’s plenty to gripe about, but I’m not sure anything to hate or justify terrorist acts on our country (when will people ever learn? the weakness of the government is to take over the government). Also, it is not so easy to work problems out (maybe reach some sort of compromise - which America gov. is good at), due to special interest and conflicting humanitarian/economic views. But we are trying! :P

• Many Government oppose us quite a bit in Foreign Policy. France and Germany for example. Russia isn’t exactly Buddy-Buddy with our friends either.

• And you don’t think we oppose them too? But so far, no hate crimes have been committed or buildings exploded. I say that would be Democracy at work.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m