• Pro Abortion is the support of on-demand abortion in lieu of contraception.

I simply want the government OUT of decisions regarding my body…  I mean if I want to get a vasectomy, I do not want a Catholic influenced Government telling me that it is against the will of God to engage in birth control…

• 2007 AAR League

nobody would go that far.  not even the pope himself…… :wink:

a Vasectomy isn’t technically an abortion… I agree with you that the government should be out of what we can and can’t do with our bodies, we just differ on who is a human… But I won’t start that…

GG

• 2007 AAR League

dennis kucinich backs ron paul.  they should form a ticket.  i’d just want to see how many votes they’d get together.

There ticket would kill the Conservative Vote, and Paul wouldn’t be able to maintain it with him (Dem, Younger Wife, Roman Catholic, Strengthening Gun Control, Legalizing Same Sex Marriage, etc.)… lol, if Huckabee let a couple things go they could honestly run together…

GG

• @balungaloaf:

nobody would go that far.  not even the pope himself…… :wink:

Actually the Pope, even the “Liberal” John Paul II, were adamant in their opposition to contraception in ALL of its forms.

The Vatican even opposed a UN condom program for Africa to help slow the spread of AIDS because it was contraception before John Paul II died…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

There’s a HUGE difference between a vasectomy where you get a couple tubes cut and abortion.  Women can get their organs removed and it’s not abortion either.

And we already have state MANDATED abortions.  So I don’t see how that is the state getting out of our bodies.  It was just a ploy used to get abortion legalized so that malcontents could then force abortions on expectant mothers who did not want an abortion due to some social or financial situation they are in.

As for Ron Paul, he didn’t have the money.  The best conservatives usually don’t because they are not out to make a big name for themselves but rather to just get the government to do what’s right and not what’s right-now.

• @JWW:

@Jermofoot:

For instance…who cares about the states.

I do. The states need to be stronger, the federal govt weaker, IMO. And I still like R. Paul (staying on topic  :-D) just not his isolationist views.

Haven’t heard about his connections to skin-heads? Don’t all politicos have skeletons in their closets?

Ok, well I said that wrong.  I do care about the states, but they aren’t relevant in a national election for the POTUS.  People elect the POTUS, not the states.

@Cmdr:

And we already have state MANDATED abortions.  So I don’t see how that is the state getting out of our bodies.  It was just a ploy used to get abortion legalized so that malcontents could then force abortions on expectant mothers who did not want an abortion due to some social or financial situation they are in.

Mandated abortions?  Do tell.  News to me.

• I too want to know about MANDATED abortions.

I have not heard about any such thing since the 1950’s when Asylum patients would be forced to have abortions if they were impregnated, followed by mandatory sterilization.

But that was a Conservative political function that engaged in those practices…

Please do tell us about the modern version…

• state mandated abortions? I would love to know where you pulled that out of. It is womans choice to murder remember.

• 2007 AAR League

the whole electoral college was a brilliant idea to make all states as competitive and equal as possible for the presidential elections.  those who think otherwise just dont like losing all the time and want to change our system as it was intended just for the hope of a win.

this is a representatvie democracy, where all states are treated as equally as possible.  you could just take all the populous areas and let them dictate terms to the rest of the entire country.  i think not.

If you are a drug addict, the state can mandate an abortion
    If the state determines you would not make a fit mother due to mental capacities, they can mandate an abortion
    If you get pregnant in prison, the state can mandate an abortion

Just a few examples.  I said CAN.  There is legal precedent.  I’m not saying that they do it routinely.  But we also don’t say all women go have abortions by choice either.  Some lucky few survive their pregnancies and grow up to be productive members of society despite the best efforts of the state.  In fact, since 1990, abortion rates have been declining and we do not have an influx of “unwanted” children.  And with all the scientific breakthroughs in getting the genetic materials needed for research without needing aborted fetus’, the corporate sponsorship is falling away from behind Roe v Wade.  I suspect we just need to kill off the baby boomers with old age and Roe v. Wade will be over turned by cooler, less radical minds.

• @balungaloaf:

i never said he was a nazi.  i was just saying that he didnt return contributions to white supremacy groups.  and that his writings, or not his writings, depending on what you think of the deal, were not to flowery for minorities.

its just what i know.

but it doesnt matter, b/c the democrats have the GrandDragon of the KKK(Bryd).  or actually it does, b/c democrats can be racists all day long and nobody cares(bill clinton).  republicans dont allow it.

I felt like I should reply to this … I dont understand why people are mad (or why people love to point this out) at Ron Paul for not returning the money donated by the white supremacy group. The money was given to Ron Paul so that he could spread his message of liberty and peace.

Why would Ron Paul give money back to the White supremacists? If he did, then they (the WhSuprems) would use thay money to spread their message. I would have been very dissapointed if he had given the money back.

Spreading a message of peace and personal liberty is a good thing.
    Using money for that message instead of a message of hate is a better thing!

The reason people think he should is cause that might mean he is getting “bought” out by a special interest, and a rather extreme one. But personally I wouldn’t be bought off with a $500 donation, so I think that is where their logic is sunk… Plus of course what you brought up.

GG

Two things.

1)  The fact that Obama is not only running for President as a black man but is actually WINNING pretty much ends any argument that this nation is racist.  If the NATION was racist, then he wouldn’t even be a contender.  (There are individual racists, I will get to that in a moment.)

2)  Bill Clinton has issued some pretty racist comments recently, he’s a democrat.  Hillary Clinton also made some quasi-racist comments when she basically said MLK was a worthless rabble rouser and it was LBJ that did the real work. (AKA, it took a rich, white democrat to bestow upon the African-American community justice and liberty, because they couldn’t do it themselves.)  Meanwhile, the Democrats have elevated grand wizards of the KKK party and various other white supremacists to power.  If anything, Ron Paul, the Republicans and the Libertarians are the defenders of equality and justice and it’s the democrats that are the racists.

But that’s just the way I, as an individual, see it.

• 2007 AAR League

i also agree that if there are any racist minded people who think one race is inferior it is the democrats.  every policy they have for minorities is put in to play by getting people to think that without this help these people couldnt achieve anything.  thats racist.

@balungaloaf:

i also agree that if there are any racist minded people who think one race is inferior it is the democrats.  every policy they have for minorities is put in to play by getting people to think that without this help these people couldnt achieve anything.  thats racist.

At least there is one thing we can agree on.

• 2007 AAR League

of many.  :-D

• @balungaloaf:

the whole electoral college was a brilliant idea to make all states as competitive and equal as possible for the presidential elections.  those who think otherwise just dont like losing all the time and want to change our system as it was intended just for the hope of a win.

this is a representatvie democracy, where all states are treated as equally as possible.  you could just take all the populous areas and let them dictate terms to the rest of the entire country.  i think not.

Obviously not all states are equals because there is quite a bit disparity in electoral votes.

Again, I repeat that states don’t elect the POTUS, PEOPLE DO.  The balance you are talking about is in regards to Congress, not the President.

The electoral college is a decent system that needs replaced or fixing.  That is all.

@Cmdr:

Two things.

1)  The fact that Obama is not only running for President as a black man but is actually WINNING pretty much ends any argument that this nation is racist.  If the NATION was racist, then he wouldn’t even be a contender.  (There are individual racists, I will get to that in a moment.)

2)  Bill Clinton has issued some pretty racist comments recently, he’s a democrat.  Hillary Clinton also made some quasi-racist comments when she basically said MLK was a worthless rabble rouser and it was LBJ that did the real work. (AKA, it took a rich, white democrat to bestow upon the African-American community justice and liberty, because they couldn’t do it themselves.)  Meanwhile, the Democrats have elevated grand wizards of the KKK party and various other white supremacists to power.  If anything, Ron Paul, the Republicans and the Libertarians are the defenders of equality and justice and it’s the democrats that are the racists.

Oh please, put up some quotes.  But you never do so you can keep making the ridiculous claims that is your modus operandi.

BTW, David Duke, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, anyone using the term islamofascist, etc.

Racists can be found of any color, size, shape, or political party.  I don’t think anyone has a monopoly on it, and stating so is absurd.

@balungaloaf:

That doesn’t make any sense at all.  If Democrats were racist, why in the hell would the give handouts and advantage to the people they hate?  Jesus, I would think you can come up with something better…

• 2007 AAR League

no it doesnt need fixing or replacement.  the founding fathers knew what they were doing, and we are to be stewards for their vision.

not change it so a certain party has a better chance of winning.  i can see right through that crap.  and so would they.  dont whine about it, find a way to win with it.  dont cry over it and attempt to change it to unfairly suit your political desires.

jermo,

you get a diploma?  FOR THEIR VOTES!!!

and the democrats have the ex GrandDragon of the KKK as their most senior member, and have refused to get rid of him since '84.  they just wont.  republicans wouldnt ever do that.  think about it.

oh and ever republican who has said the n word is gone.  every democrat who has is still there.  think about that also.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m