WinterAdler's Customization - G40 Setup Card Deck & more

• Hello everyone!

I’m proud to show you some of my customizations!

First I developed a card setup for Global 1940.
    In our group we’ve not much space for the boxes,
    no we can use card by card for the setup.

The cards are structured as follows:

• name of the nation and symbol on top,
    • picture of the area on the map,
    • territory with ipc income or seezone,
    • number and type of units,
      -some specials (like burma road, bonus, strait, convoy, or something else, …

So let’s have a look to the setup card deck:

=====================================================================

Then we use an excel table for nations income:

Here a summarized printed global rulebook, translated in german (found on daak):

Boxes with divisions for sea, air and land units,
    Young Grasshoppers card deck,
    G42 setup,
    dices, convoy symbols, minor and major industrial complexes from HBG:

Rockets, oil towers for middle east, caucasus and egypt, kamikaze symbol, damage marker, neutral infantery (HGB), Young Grasshoppers card deck:

Air range marker and ipc money (found in this forum and HBG):

Battleboard, research & development board, combined arms (found in this forum):

And at the end, printd map from Young Grasshoppers file on 1838,8 x 848,2 mm foam board:

The End (to be continued?) …  :-D

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

I like the idea of the setup cards! I might ‘steal’ it and use it for our own games. :-D

Did you get your map laminated our protected in any other way against scratches?

• '18 '17

I too like your setup cards. What program did you use to create the cards? Did you have card stock to print them on, or did you cut all the individual cards to size?  A great idea.

• '17

Perfect solution. I’m interested. You could then use these as a way to track income. Trading card ownership to match the map. Way faster than counting the piece covered map.

• @Tjoek:

I like the idea of the setup cards! I might ‘steal’ it and use it for our own games. :-D

Did you get your map laminated our protected in any other way against scratches?

Hey neighbor Tjoek,
    i will provide the card deck and upload in this forum.

The survace of the map is like a mousepad, so you can wipe off damp cloth and don’t really need some protect.
    The only problems are the corners, one of them have a small crack at Yukon from transport to another playing area…  :|

• @Navymule:

I too like your setup cards. What program did you use to create the cards? Did you have card stock to print them on, or did you cut all the individual cards to size?  A great idea.

Hey Navymule,

I’m not good in working with image editing software.  :lol:
    So I did what I can: I just use Microsoft Excel and Paint to create this cards.
    After that I print them from online printing house on ready cut bridge cards.

Link to webside:
    http://www.printerstudio.de/machen/bridgekarten-vorder-und-rueckseite-gestalten-hochformat.html

• @Rank:

Perfect solution. I’m interested. You could then use these as a way to track income. Trading card ownership to match the map. Way faster than counting the piece covered map.

Hi Rank Carcass,

this is exactly the reason, why I decided to show the income from the different territories of each card!  :-)
    My plan is, as you have realized, take all Global 1940 territories in the card deck.
    This includes all neutral territories and any axis or allied territories without units.
    I think, it will be about 200 cards - I haven’t count the territories on board yet.

All factions starts with the starting territories, and after conquer they give the cards to the conquerer.
    Then you can’t easy count the IPC income - like in the boardgame The Settlers of Catan, where you count your ressources.
    This game inspired me for this idea.

The next step is, use both sides of the cars.
    Front: Global 1940 Setup
    Back: Global 1942 Setup

Of course I’m working on an english version,
    which I should upload in this forum free to use.  :wink:

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@WinterAdler:

Hey neighbor Tjoek,

Now you start calling us neighbors  :-P :-D

@WinterAdler:

The survace of the map is like a mousepad, so you can wipe off damp cloth and don’t really need some protect.

Could you share the German name of the material? What you describe here doesn’t look like the foam board I know.
    Or share a link to a German website. I had some German courses back in high school so I most likely can read it anyway

• @Tjoek:

Could you share the German name of the material? What you describe here doesn’t look like the foam board I know.
    Or share a link to a German website. I had some German courses back in high school so I most likely can read it anyway

Of course I can, maybe my translation is wrong.  :?

I used YG’s map file from the cliffside bunker.
    I have it printed at the online webside “WIRmachenDRUCK”,
    it cost about 50,- EUR this includes send by an express company.

The german word is “HARTSCHAUMPLATTE”.

Link:
    https://www.wir-machen-druck.de/hartschaumplatte-mit-freier-groesse-rechteckig-einseitig-40farbig-bedruckt.html

Picture:

Is it helpfull?

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Thanks WinterAdler,

Maybe the difference is in how the material is finished. The foam board I’m aware of is actually cardboard with foam in between and what you seem to describe and what I get from the website you shared the material you have printed on doesn’t have that card board finish. Is that correct?

How sensitive is it to pressure? Like someone leaning on the table and putting his wait on the board?

• Thanks WinterAdler,

I tried the company myself.
    Price was similar, delivery was within 5 days.
    The quality ist very good.

And yes, it is completely without cardboard.

I’m happy  :-D
    My wife isn’t happy, because the thing is big and I still can’t find a good place to hide it.

• @Tjoek:

The foam board I’m aware of is actually cardboard with foam in between and what you seem to describe and what I get from the website you shared the material you have printed on doesn’t have that card board finish. Is that correct?

Hey Tjoek,

sorry for the late answer.
    I was a little bit busy.

I don’t really understand your question - the board consists of three layers:
    1. underground
    2. foam (feel like a mousepad)
    3. printed surface

I can’t explain it better, but it works.

@Tjoek:

How sensitive is it to pressure? Like someone leaning on the table and putting his wait on the board?

You need a stable table or surface for the board.
    The big board ist a little bit elastic, so when you lean with mass on the corners it could be, that it bend there.
    But otherwise there are no bruise of pressure.

• @V.:

Thanks WinterAdler,

I tried the company myself.
    Price was similar, delivery was within 5 days.
    The quality ist very good.

And yes, it is completely without cardboard.

I’m happy  :-D
    My wife isn’t happy, because the thing is big and I still can’t find a good place to hide it.

Very nice V. Manstein!

I like the work of them too.
    It’s a good price performance ratio.

I keep the big map in the packaging box down in the cellar.  :-D
    With a little effort you can even transport it in the car.  :lol: :wink:

• Here the files,

I hoped it works and you enjoy:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6c6y5fmowkoyq8j/AABZiDOQloRM46QG-CMIffW7a?dl=0

Uploaded files:

• table to calculate IPC income for G40 and G42
    • table for the setup cards and the setup card images for G40
    • G42 setup box

• Hey everyone!

I am currently working on a game document.
    The aim is to provide a better game overview and more comfort.
    By means of national markers it is possible to mark out the grayed out symbols.

I would like to have a list of units,
    Enter the ipc, bring in diplomacy and the victory cities.
    Unfortunately, I have not found a solution for it, so the game underlay is not too big …

• @winteradler said in WinterAdler's Customization - G40 Setup Card Deck & more:

Hey everyone!

I am currently working on a game document.
    The aim is to provide a better game overview and more comfort.
    By means of national markers it is possible to mark out the grayed out symbols.

I would like to have a list of units,
    Enter the ipc, bring in diplomacy and the victory cities.
    Unfortunately, I have not found a solution for it, so the game underlay is not too big …

In 2012 “Minor Threat” aka “Children” created a nice design: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/16491/minor-threat-s-alpha-3-9-global-1940-complete-setup-charts?page=1

Just saw your ideas… I think his work is awesome!

I like your idea with cards for each land. Maybe I will use them and change design etc… Thanks for sharing your work!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m