• Panther, Tiger, Rabid Tabby, blah, blah … what’s the difference  :-D

I’m open for suggestions on how to make it more clear, though facing is not something I’m inclined to use in the event that I ever implement better support for real facing indicators (as opposed to using the seperate marker we have today).

I suppose I could add a rondel to each unit with it’s country insignia?

• I suppose I could add a rondel to each unit with it’s country insignia?

It might help.  But if I’m the only one making note of such a situation.  Then the point is moot and only extra work on your end.

• Well given the number of people who PBEM AAM, you represent 25% of the user population  :-o

• :mrgreen:

• MOTDC Sorry, I clicked the link above, replaced the old map and no new units are there when I open Urban Combat.  Am I doing something wrong?

• I put the new units in their own tab, did you see a new tab in the unit pallet?

If not, please list all of the files that are in:

c:\program files\motcreations\mapview\usermods

Sorry for the problems!

Mot

• AamHighGround.udm
    AamHalfAndHalf.udm
    AamHill107.udm
    AamKnifeFight.udm
    AamTigerHeaven.udm
    AamUrbanCombat.udm

• 1.  Shutdown MapView if running.

2.  Rename AAMUrbanCombat.udm to AAMUrbanCombat.bak.

3.  Restart MapView and confirm you don’t have Urban Combat any longer.

4.  Shutdown MapView again.

5.  Re-download the AAMUrbanCombat.udm prototype from the link (to the usermods dir)

6.  Restart MapView and you should see Urban Combat come back again.

Let me know how you make out!

• ok i got it now thanks.

I got an additional 23?  I didn’t check them all but are there missing?

• Yeah, this was just a prototype so people could see the work-in-progress and provide feedback.  Aside from the new units, I changed some of the icons, fomts, arrows, etc.

Mot

• My feedback is two thumbs up!!! :-D :-D

• No new Russian units???  :?

• Let’s see how far I get tonite…

• While not all Set II units are completed, all of the modules now have that same Set II units.

I put together some scripts to help unify the process so as more units are added, etc they get pushed to all the modules at the same time.

Redownload all 6 when you get a chance, and make sure you have MapView 1.3.20!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Hey Motc, I didn’t really read much of the other posts but I was thinking you should skip the other sets to 1939-1945, since there is overlap in many of the pieces it wouldn’t be too hard, no?

Just a thought, I well know how much time these types of project take and how little time there is to dedicate to them.

• That’s an interesting idea.  Do you know if the new maps are available online?  I’ll have to go check…

Mot

• What’s up Mot new player here.  I wanted you to clarify a rule for me if you got time.  Check out rules clarification started by half-track.  I just posted a question for you.  Thanks

• Mot, basically there are only two new tanks, a couple of changes to some tanks that are in other sets, renames, country changes, costing changes.  You know the changes better than I do.  See below, I’ve list the ones I know.

I would suggest only to add the two new tanks and work on set III.  Need some Panzerschreck HELP!!! with the new IS2 tank.  A platoon of Panzerfaust is not enough to kill it.  Defense 7/7 + superior armor.  Even if it’s disrupted the Panzerfaust needs to roll 8 out of 10 to damage.

New:
    Sherman VS 17-Pounder
    Valintine I

Country change:
    T-26B (same as Chinese T-26)
    M3 Light Tank (same as Stuart)

Name change:
    M18 GMC (same as M18 Helcat)
    Panzer IV Ausf F2 (same as Panzer IV Ausf. G)

Other several tanks & Vehicles rocosted

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m