• After playing a couple of games as the axis (all of them two player games going for total victory) I realised that I won or lost according to Japan’s survival. In the first two games Japan fell early on and Germany was taken down soon after.  :x

But in the third game Japan held up until Russia fell. Then I invaded India and the UK and after a couple of hours USA fell as well. I was seeing a kind of a pattern here and was wondering wether you guys get this to.  :?

P.S. - If you can, can you spare some advice how to get around this or what is the best way to defend Japan until Germany destroys Russia?

Thanks!  :-D

• Normally the usual pattern is that Allies goes for a Kill Germany First strategy (KGF) in that case is German that have to resist waiting for rescue from Japan that attack Russia from behinf.

From what you said it appear that in your games Allies go for a Kill Japan First startegy (KJF), in which case you should act as you said, Japan have to resist while Germany have to conquer Russia.

To counter a KJF is not easy, requires careful planning and a clever movement of the Japanese fleet, rember that your priority is to defend Japan and the Transports that ferry troops in Asia but at same time you may not lost the southern island that are worhty 12 IPC.
    Buyng an AC and incresing fleet is the first thing to do.

In the sections strategies and articles of this site you may found useful information on the basic strategies for each nation. There are also info on the KJF strategies and the counter-KJF for Japan.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

A) Target Enemy Industrial Complexes has hard and as fast as you can.  If England builds an IC in India, seriously consider hitting it with everything you can, even if you cannot take China or Buryatia and even if you have to sacrifice a fighter to get an infantry unit to remain after the battle in India.  Same for Industrial Complexes in Sinkiang. (Target India, then go for Sinkiang., India can produce faster and has an AA Gun.)

B)  Slow down.  There is no rule in the game that says you HAVE to target everything possible.  Remember, you arn’t earning a lot of money for a long time as Japan.  Focus on getting stacks into Sinkiang, Persia, and if feasible, Novosibirsk, but make sure they are stacks!

C)  There’s some argument on placement, but 3 Industrial Complexes for Japan is good.  I like India, FIC and Manchuria.  Some like India, FIC and E. Indies. (I just think the island, while better located, ties up your transports.)

D)  Ignore America for the most part.  After you sink the SZ 52 fleet, most Americans are going to attack Germany.

E)  Grab Hawaii, New Zealand, Australia and Madagascar. Maybe position a transport in S. Africa to hit Brazil, if you think you can get away with it. (ie, America is at least 2 turns away from hitting Brazil and getting it back.)

F)  7 Transports by turn 4 minimum.  8 is better and I’d even argue 9.  Reason being is you want transports to clear your islands while landing 8 land units a round off the Japan mainland until you get ICs up.  After that, you want transports to hit Africa if the Allies go there.

That’s very rough, but I hope you got the idea.

• @Jennifer:

A) Target Enemy Industrial Complexes has hard and as fast as you can.  If England builds an IC in India, seriously consider hitting it with everything you can, even if you cannot take China or Buryatia and even if you have to sacrifice a fighter to get an infantry unit to remain after the battle in India.  Same for Industrial Complexes in Sinkiang. (Target India, then go for Sinkiang., India can produce faster and has an AA Gun.)

B)  Slow down.  There is no rule in the game that says you HAVE to target everything possible.  Remember, you arn’t earning a lot of money for a long time as Japan.  Focus on getting stacks into Sinkiang, Persia, and if feasible, Novosibirsk, but make sure they are stacks!

C)  There’s some argument on placement, but 3 Industrial Complexes for Japan is good.  I like India, FIC and Manchuria.  Some like India, FIC and E. Indies. (I just think the island, while better located, ties up your transports.)

D)  Ignore America for the most part.  After you sink the SZ 52 fleet, most Americans are going to attack Germany.

E)  Grab Hawaii, New Zealand, Australia and Madagascar. Maybe position a transport in S. Africa to hit Brazil, if you think you can get away with it. (ie, America is at least 2 turns away from hitting Brazil and getting it back.)

F)  7 Transports by turn 4 minimum.  8 is better and I’d even argue 9.  Reason being is you want transports to clear your islands while landing 8 land units a round off the Japan mainland until you get ICs up.  After that, you want transports to hit Africa if the Allies go there.

That’s very rough, but I hope you got the idea.

well partner, seems like we share same thoughts about Japan

so, i can play it next time

do we have a deal?!  :wink:

• I’d add: if the Allies are going after Japan, don’t buy any ICs for Japan, with the possible exception of 1 for Manchuria. If the Allies take control of japanese ICs on FIC, Kwangtung or India then you’ve just made the Allies task of conquering J a lot easier.

• Thanks for the advice. I’ll go play another game with my friend and use some of your advice.

But more than once the english and russians completely ignored me and the Americans went all aheda on me. With 42 IPC they are constantly building ships, bombers and fighters, more than I can destroy and build myself so that most of the time I either abondon my transports or my warships. Either way bad for me. Any advice?

Also, the russians are centering 6 infantry in Buryatia, threatening Manchuria and up till now I was unable to take it without losing FIC and Kwang in  the process, but if I ignore them they take Manchuria, either way I lose the mainland and can’t pressure Moscow.  :?

• Hey Terror!

you say you have problems with USSR stacking in Buryatia

in first round buy 3 tra, 2 inf
    attack heavily on Hawaii, and make sure you re left with enough units to sucessfully defend there
    attack heavily on China

in second round

Attack Heavily on Buryatia
    go for Sinkiang only if you have to move an inf or 2

fortify French Indochina

then i suggest, if USA is goin after you, you start buildin your subs and figs

with one of the tras you should take Australia and French Madagascar before USA moves closer to you
    fortress yourself in China and French Indochina
    you dont need to capture Sinkiang and India but if opportunity arrives go for it
    i would advise before USA moves towards you you offload your Japan units to French Indochina where you can buy an IC( or Kwangtung, or Manchuria ) even China, if you are able to

its important you have your navy rallyied around your Bats, and ACs  :wink:

and be creative, this war with USA however similar the situation seems almost always requires new solutions, or something new

• and yes from land units buy inf only, ok maybe a tenk or two to help you
    with your figs
    you re be able to attack Yakut, China, India, maybe even Sinkiang, Persia…

• Thanks Amon  :-D

I’ll try it out and feedback with the results, but with all your help I’m sure I’ll show my buddy a thing or 2 :wink:

• @Terror:

Thanks Amon  :-D

I’ll try it out and feedback with the results, but with all your help I’m sure I’ll show my buddy a thing or 2 :wink:

when you see yourself with Japan surrounded on all sides, dont panic, and dont try for fast solutions

calm down, think about your strategy and patienly start to develop yourself, soon you ll find yourseldf ( along with Germany ) attacking on 2 allies, maybe even 3

@Hobbes:

I’d add: if the Allies are going after Japan, don’t buy any ICs for Japan, with the possible exception of 1 for Manchuria. If the Allies take control of japanese ICs on FIC, Kwangtung or India then you’ve just made the Allies task of conquering J a lot easier.

I disagree to the extreme!  Do not, under ANY circumstances, by an IC for Japan!  Sink the American fleet, then work on landing troops in Buryatia or FIC and work from there!

If it’s a KJF, England has an IC in India, America has IC’s in China and Sinkiang.  Your IC in Manchuria will just get over run or your fleet will be sunk.

• @Jennifer:

I disagree to the extreme!  Do not, under ANY circumstances, by an IC for Japan!  Sink the American fleet, then work on landing troops in Buryatia or FIC and work from there!
    If it’s a KJF, England has an IC in India, America has IC’s in China and Sinkiang.  Your IC in Manchuria will just get over run or your fleet will be sunk.

And I agree with you if there are all of those ICs laying around and G is merely sitting around without pressuring Caucasus/West Russia enough. However a KFJ is not an easy strategy to pursue because of the amount of coordination necessary between the allies and having to coordinate Russia’s defense at the same time.
    An IC on Manchuria can help prevent the Allies from taking Asia while releasing your fleet to retake the islands, if the Sinkiang/India ICs have to help defend R from G’s attacks.

• Hey guys I am in the middle of a total victory game but just wanted to thank you for all your help. As Japan I have taken India, China and Sinkiang and I am on my way to put pressure of Germany. I turned out that Germany needs help now not Japan, but with the Japanese army advancing on Moscow, Germany will soon be relieved.

So thanks for everything!!!  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

• Hey, Zhukov, that Hitler-cat is mighty cool  8-) 8-)

Where can I buy one?

• At your local nazi corner store  :wink:

If you have Hawaii and USA is going KJF, go bombers.  3 Bombers should be enough to remove 10 IPC a round from USA. =)  Even if one does every 6 shots, you’re still doing massive dmg!

Then take Sinkiang, China, Hawaii and Brazil and USA is earning less then Russia.

• @Lucifer:

Hey, Zhukov, that Hitler-cat is mighty cool  8-) 8-)

Where can I buy one?

HA! I would soo get a cat and die it’s hair on it’s lip like that!  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Anywho….The reason if the japs fall, germany gets it’s @&& kicked is cuase of the extra IC that the Allies get, and then they go all out on the riech…HIEL GEWEHR!!!  :evil:

The allies can survive the loss of a nation.  The Axis cannot.

It has nothing to do with the industrial on the capitol.  It’s the unleashing of units on the lone super power.

• Actually the Axis can, IF one Allied capital has already fallen, and IF one of the remaining Allies is severely weakened already.

• @ncscswitch:

Actually the Axis can, IF one Allied capital has already fallen, and IF one of the remaining Allies is severely weakened already.

yes, i remember my old game against 4th Mac in which i stayed with Japan only
    captured Moscow and tried to take Los Angeles/Washington
    i lost the game

it is very difficult to achieve it

but yes, it can be done

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m