• is there anyway to take the ukraine and eastern europe first turn?

• Sure, with good dice :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I always liked the strafe of Ukraine and the conquest of Algeria with Russia.

Obviously it has to be a no bid game or a poorly placed bid game for that to work though! hehe

• talking about no bid.

• :-o
    Lets’ see, I think I used to start my bid at 5 and then stop around 20, to play the Allies. Any takers?
        :roll:

• Gimme 24 and I will play the axis. (no full PE bid)

• LOL, no I am not afraid of real strat… But most players don’t like a PE bid against them of 24…

• @nuno:

@Bashir:

most players don’t like a PE bid against them of 24…

If so,
    it only demonstrates their inability to deal with higher strategy concepts/competition.

if your so smart can you answer they original question? thanks

This thread cracks me up.  :-)

Anyway,

@cyan:

is there anyway to take the ukraine and eastern europe first turn?

In LL it is definitely possible.
    But with regular dice, it really isn’t needed.  You don’t need to risk anything going terribly wrong for the Allies, let the Axis make the tough decisions.

Now if this was a no bid game, it really doesnt matter what the Allies attack as they should win anyway.

But if there was a bid, the likely hood that you could attack both is probably slim to none and just not worth the risk.

If you really really really wanted to attack both, that probably means leaving the G Baltic ships (which can be bad) since you’ll need the fts in EE and/or Ukr.

Depending on your risk tolerance with Russia, it might be better to do the Ukr and Man attacks for Russia.

True, the Allies can’t do “anything” or make outragegous attacks or make strange buys, but you can get away with a lot of bad habits if there is no bid to worry about.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m