As Russia, fending off Germans and Japanese for first turns

• Specifically, how have you found the best way to do it is? I’ve found that Russia just about always gets trounced by the third or fourth turn. Usually the German war machine completely overruns first Karelia and sometimes the Caucasus, leaving Moscow ripe for the third turn. No matter what, I find that usually by the end of turn two Russia has German troops in Karelia and Japan in Soviet Far East, with a Manchurian plant churning out armor.

We’re playing with restricted first turn (USSR can’t attack first turn) and higher IPC allottment to every nation except (you guessed it) Russia. However, I do know this is the forum for regular Axis and Allies only. :D As such, I’d like to know what strategies you use to keep from getting ground to a bloody pulp in the regular game, since I’m sure they carry over.

Any strategies for the other Allies that can help attain this goal would be appreciated too. :)

Oh, and I really like colors… :D

• :lol:

• We’re playing with restricted first turn (USSR can’t attack first turn) and higher IPC allottment to every nation except (you guessed it) Russia.

This is the root of your problem. If your group feels that the Axis is underpowered, then your group should use bidding to determine the Axis player, and how many extra IPCs they get. Search the internet, and this board for more information about bidding.

Generally, RR is enough to balance the game for middle-experience players. Bidding is needed only when experience grows to the point where the axis can not win anymore than 10-20% of the time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m