• Have you made a bigger game board?

If so, how did you go about it? What methods did you employ?

I am looking for inspiration and ideas before I set off making my own larger map.

• I’m do my own custom map. Its big….France have 10 territories ( bretange, west coast, normandy, vichy, marseille, toulon, elsass+maginot-line, paris, dunkrik and zone which goes ardennes to channel coast (for dunkrik circle))… There is also ports, airbases and railroads for movementbonuses…It’s 1940 scenario.

• Does anybody know how to go about mounting large game boards?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Brain:

Does anybody know how to go about mounting large game boards?

Here’s how I did mine:
    1. Print out the map and then decide how big you want each piece to be (for storage) and cut the map into pieces.

2. Get some black 1/4" thick foam core boards at the art supply store.

3. Buy some spray adhesive for paper and photos. 3M makes good stuff, also at art supply or craft store.

4. Spray the board, wait about a minute to let the glue dry a little. Then lay the map section down and smooth it out gently with  credit card. You have about 4 minutes to do this.

5. After all map sections are glued to the foam boards, let it dry overnight in a warm dry place to avoid wrinkling.

6. Using a hobby knife and straight edge, cut the foam out around the map sections. Voila! Now you have a hard mounted map like AA50.

I thought about experimenting with some thin fabric glued between the paper and foam to make hinges like all the other folding maps have, but I haven’t needed to yet.

• http://www.mediafire.com/file/nhyniymigiz/Photo 173.jpg

Or make something like this

• Looks nice. I like the train tracks. Are you including rail rules?

XXXII_2

• I like the train tracks. Are you including rail rules?
    :-D, yes there’s rail rules on the game board but not the one under the table!!
    Wargame is not my only hobby

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m