• I just bought A&AP.  I haven’t got it yet it’s in the mail.  So I have been playing A&AP on triplea.  It says the WUS space is worth 55IPC’s.  Is that correct?

If it is how does the US not steam roll stright for Japan?

LT

• Official Q&A

Your eyes aren’t deceiving you.  However, Japan starts the game with enough of an advantange in materiel that the US needs every bit of that income.

• Yeah triplea isn’t known for having a smart AI.  So it may have a lot or units it isn’t the best at deploying them.

LT

• @Krieghund:

Your eyes aren’t deceiving you.  However, Japan starts the game with enough of an advantange in materiel that the US needs every bit of that income.

That 70 plus per turn is  :-o  :-o  :-o at first but pretty quickly you realise that it isn’t going quite as far as you thought and you’re wishing you could give a loan to UK.

• Couldn’t the US just sit and do nothing for like 5 turns building a navy and landing force and just go to Japan?

Japan is going to have to build land forces to expand the empire so if the US focuses on only taking one space how could Japan stop them?

But then again Japan is several turns away unlike revised.  If they didn’t see it coming they deserve to loose their island.

LT

• There is also the whole Victory Points thing. Allies are on the clock. They have to get moving.

• I suppose I should shut up and stop posting here till I get my copy and read the directions first.

LT

• Official Q&A

Or you can read them now here, and the FAQ here.

• Ah, thanks.

• @LT04:

Couldn’t the US just sit and do nothing for like 5 turns building a navy and landing force and just go to Japan?

Japan is going to have to build land forces to expand the empire so if the US focuses on only taking one space how could Japan stop them?

But then again Japan is several turns away unlike revised.  If they didn’t see it coming they deserve to loose their island.

LT

A couple of year ago in my summer Historical Gaming class, we had a US player do exactly that.  Except that I have modified the game a bit, and give the US 75 IPCs every turn regardless of convoy routes, capture of the Philippiines, etc.  I also have the British player split up between India and Australia, and independent Netherlands and Chinese players.  The only reason that the Japanese did not capture either India or Australia was that I have put in Lend-Lease, and the added IPCs from that kept the rest of the Allies in the game, barely holding their ground against the Japanese.  However, with the American player doing essentially nothing to pressure the Japanese, the Japanese player was going to clearly win on victory points.  Note, the rest of the Allied players were really upset with the American player.

If you want to take a look at my modifications, they are posted in the forum under house rules for the Pacific.

• @timerover51:

If you want to take a look at my modifications, they are posted in the forum under house rules for the Pacific.

Yeah I will thanks,

LT

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m