Fighters and Aircraft Carriers: legal move?

• 2007 AAR League

Well I guess Fighters are just different then - I was going to say that Infantry can even retreat after having moved their full move, but I see the reasons below.

Seems like a silly rule though. Because when your AC is attacked and the attacker withdraws, your fighters are given a free movement point to try to land somewhere else when it is not even your turn. Call it the old “flying on fumes just over the wavetops” - in desperate situations you manage to push your ftrs one zone back to where they came from.

Also, note that tanks can sometimes get a total move of three by attacking and then retreating to a territory on the opposite side of the territory they attacked (provided that attacking units also came from that territory). If anything, that seems more problematic than fighters returning to a seazone they came from on the deck of an AC that can carry them whether they have fuel or not.

• 2007 AAR League

Sorry, I don’t quite get how that makes it different. All units can use their full movement to get to a battle, and then retreat.

Maybe it’s just not clicking for me.

• It goes along with teh special mid-battle retreat that FIGs can do, and also the fact that they can NOT remain in a combat zone after a batle (except by landign on an AC after a naval battle).

You HAVE to be able to MOVE in NCM to land in every type of battle EXCEPT a Naval Battle, and then you can ONLY stay there if you WIN.

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.5m