• Normally, in ww2 when 2 armies met, they didnā€™t fight to the death. So I thought that if the attacker or defender loses 1/3 of the defenders/attackers they will retreat. If they dontā€™ have anywhere to retreat, the any unit they control will surrender on a 12.

• If you want to houserule something you could probably do something like

Defending units may, on any combat round, forgo rolling to retreat to an adjacent land zone. This move occurs once all combat is resolved. If there is no available land zone, these units are eliminated.

• @insanehoshi interesting ideas or even simpler just surrender on a ā€˜12ā€™ if surrounded maybe with the exception of cities but maybe not . I think being
    Able to retreat is OP think the Utti Jaegers in Finland so hard to take out youd end up with huge stacks of stuff that couldnā€™t be killed ala axis and allies old version Germany and Russia

• @insanehoshi I have a similar:
    ā€œA unit may retreat from combat to an adjacent friendly land zone. The decision is made after casualties are applied. It is effective immediately. The attacker choses first.ā€
    This applies to both attack and defense, and I have a slightly different system for naval combat.

• Banned

Everyone is a game designer these days, right?. šŸ˜ƒ
    How do your house rule suggestions effect blitzing, Paratroopers, strat bombing raids into or in adjacent land zones? Could 1 Paratrooper or marine prevent retreat? If you play with announcing blitzing up front, do your units still retreat to the land zone under blitz attack? What happens to units that have no movement like Militia? If a defender retreats can an attacker retreat as well to prevent being in a dead zone? Many things to consider here. Think house rules through else you end up with V2 rule bugs again.

• @delaja I think, simply put, resolving retreats after all combat is finished would resolve those issues. If you try to retreat to a zone that is not occupied, the retreat fails and those units are eliminated. Adds a bit of counterplay to this rule.

• Banned

@insanehoshi
    It should be playtested extensively.

• @delaja what do you mean by 1 paratrooper or marines preventing retreat? Can you give an example?

• You would drop one paratroop behind enemy lines or land one marine in an adjacent coastal zone to prevent the retreat in that territory.

• Banned

@noneshallpass
    Indeed that is what I meant. šŸ‘šŸ¼

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m