What do you build in R1? - poll with many options…

• 4 Inf, 3 Art is good.  You’re pretty low on infantry to artillery ratio at the start of the game anyway.  And if you play ultra conservative with Russia, you’re only taking West Russia anyway, so no risk to starting attack units.

A girl after my own heart  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@trihero:

4 Inf, 3 Art is good.  You’re pretty low on infantry to artillery ratio at the start of the game anyway.  And if you play ultra conservative with Russia, you’re only taking West Russia anyway, so no risk to starting attack units.

A girl after my own heart  :-D

Except in politics. :)

• Politicking is not as important as buying 4 inf 3 art or having a sexy avatar  :-)

• What, no comments on the AC/Tranny buy?  :-P

• @Aretaku:

What, no comments on the AC/Tranny buy?  :-P

You know, with a strong WRS, and pulling back in the east, it actually MIGHT be viable :-)

• @ncscswitch:

@Aretaku:

What, no comments on the AC/Tranny buy?  :-P

You know, with a strong WRS, and pulling back in the east, it actually MIGHT be viable :-)

That’s what I was thinkning…plus, with luck RUSSIA might actually be the one to capture Libya and Algeria.

An extra $2 IPC per turn is always nice.

That, and once the German Med fleet is gone, the Russian navy can slip through the canal and help America bother Japan.  :-D

• In a non Tournament game, I would even be willing to give that a shot :-)

Even if the Russian Fleet dies to German AF, they still made life a LOT easier for the Allies by taking out the Med Fleet…

So we have what,

CV, Trn, 2 FIG for Russia vs 6 Fig, 1 Bmb, 1 BB, 1 Trn for Germany?

Of course, it DOES prevent Germany from any chance of uniting north and south fleets, ever.  Period.  End of story.  Game over.  Not gunna happen.  NO SOUP FOR YOU, GERMANY!  But at what cost to Russia?

• Germany has three attacks to make to clear the Med…if he throws enough at Russia to kill him, he can’t do much else. If he skips the Amphib into Egypt, he risks the British fleet moving through the Canal on B1…

…I still have a good chance of retreating my fighters as well, if attacked.

With all these attacks, Germany is bound to lose a fighter or two…maybe even three.

If I’m going to go after German air-force, I’ll do this and help Britain BIG TIME in a KGF game…odds are he has at least one ship in the Med…more if the canal is open.

Hell, if I’m not attacked, I might just help liberate Egypt if it IS taken. That would let the Brit fleet through on B2.

Would Germany risk attacking the Russian fleet, knowing what might happen?

I still think the cost is too high for Russia.  You loose your fighters, at least 1, Germany should have bid extra into Egypt so they have plenty to take and close the canal, they have neough to sink the BB in Gibraltar and can still make serious threats on Russian land, especially with the loss of 6-8 units for Russia’s defense.

Yea, the Med fleet is destroyed, probably.  But that only nets England about 6 IPCs, maybe 7 and cost Russia 24-44 IPCs to do.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m