• Founder TripleA Admin

Even though some have voted I’m going to mod the poll to include all of the set I tanks.

Personally I think the Sherman is by far one of the best well-rounded tanks in the game. However, the Crocodile is probably the most broken tank in the game.

Sherman

• It is only 21 points

• 4 movement, it can outflank the German tanks

• Reasonalbly tough armor at 5/4

• A fairly decent gun against armor

• One of the best anti-infantry tank guns in the game

Crocodile

• Another cheap heavy armor at 35 pts.

• Incredible armor of 7/6. Can matchup with the Tiger.

• The flamethrower. It has a 37% chance to auto-kill any tank at short range. Park this tank on the objective.

• The top 3 constructed teams (including my winning team) at GenCon SoCal had Crocodiles.

• I got the new set yesterday, and if it’s possible, I’d like to change my vote to the King Tiger; this thing is bad-a$$!  For the Allies, my favorite would probably have to be the Russian IS-2.

• Haha, yeah Ian’s story about his “Renault Rush” army was pretty good.

• Hell, i voted for the carro armato. They are cheap and i demolished a canadian army with them. PEACE

• Panther…no contest. Speed + Range = Armor. Very supportable tank.

• When supported with the right infantry the Tiger I is my choice.

• @Doppelbock:

Haha, yeah Ian’s story about his “Renault Rush” army was pretty good.

I’m anxious for a SOUMA, and the Char that’s coming in ConSkies will be nice as well.  I learned first-hand the danger of underestimating a French army.  The French armor is more than capable of handling Panzer II’s.  Still, point for point nothing beats the T-34/76

• im going with the easy eight. Its heavy rought and almost instopable. I know it cost 56 pts but when you play 150-200 pts army its a must to have!! Ive play’d it a couple of times and it never got killed and if you combine it with 2 shermans or a Kv-1 you can cover one flank with on aditional infantry or machine gun and surround the enemy on the other flank

• I picked the tiger just because i think its cool and i colect the axis myself  :-D

• Its got to be the crocodile for me!  I love the tank its a marvel at such a low price.  As a UK army only person I always make sure and take at least one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m