You’ve probably heard it all before but here’s my input. Just bought 1 case and 3 boosters for a total 15 boosters of each Contested Skies and D-day. The aircraft are a nice addition, just wished certain models like the Stuka were a bit more powerful. Aircraft scale seems good relative to other aircraft, but a bit small when to most of the ground units. One thing I do not like is the lack of specific vehicle description cast on the bottom on vehicles in sets III & IV.
- Flakpanzer is a bit too large when compared to other Panzer IV chassis vehicles in the game
- Jagpanzer is too plain. Where’s the cross?
- Got a Panzer IV aust D with a chassis from a SS Panzer aust F
- Flak 38 is way too small. Can you say 3" gun flashback.
- Why no regular Romanian infantry?
- Comet turret is very disappointing and a step backwards in quality with no independent gun movement
- The Japanese armored car is the biggest joke in the game. It should be the size of a SdKfz 222 at best, yet it towers over a Tiger I!
No duplicates in the case, but the individuals boosters were all duplicate pulls so i ended up with 2X Char B1-Bis, M4A3 & Chi-Ro.
Ended up short the Pershing, M36 MGC and P-51.
- The Italian L3/35 is the biggest disappointment for me in this set. What should be the size of a R-35 or Te-Ke is almost as small as the upcoming Goliath unit!
- The Spitfire. How can that happen when a picture of the correct casting is on the box? Enough said.
- All 3 of my Marder III’s had bent or broken barrels.
- Vet Tiger and Hetzer are too plain. Where are the markings?
- Amtrack and Hetzer are a bit too large
- Although I did not get one the German 88 looks way too large
My pulls yielded one duplicate in the case and 3 more duplicates in the individual boosters for 2X Higgins Boat, Churchill AVRE, P-38 & Canadian Sherman DD. Ended up with no Priest, Bf-110, Jagtiger or German 88.
The great majority of units in Axis & Allies minis remain nicely done. If past errors would be addressed WOTC would gain alot more respect from everyone.