Caspian Sub: Now with half the dreck, twice the funk.

• @daggaz:

Wow. What an arrogant crock of siht.

Daggaz, I, for one, was touched by your humility and openness to new ideas.  Clearly your expertise is unrivaled; I don’t know why other people bother to post without checking with you first!

You, sir, are the pinnacle example of what open forums are all about.

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Thank you for being you.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Mazer, he does have a point, it is awfully conceded to say a strategy in Axis and Allies has no holes in it.  This is not tic-tac-toe, there is going to be a hole in your strategy somewhere.

Perhaps you should reword your “essays” so that they end with “no known holes, yet.”

BTW, most of the articles are really aimed at players who just left rookie stage.  Just the nature of the beast, it’s very hard to write articles for advanced players because we know all the holes and can find them easier.

• Hmm, I liked the articles a lot, gave me greater insight into the games. The exercises are fun too, especially that one where you had to retreat to iceland/greenland, and the one building an IC in Egy to block tanks :D Priceless!

I know some articles are tricks or gambits, but you have to know them to avoid them! It’s like the fool’s mate in chess: you have to know it, and it’s an added weapon to your AAR arsenal (like the succer punch from the South Pacific -> California).

Humour was good, Mr. T was often funny, and the tank/pinball machine yelling “TILT SUCKKA!!” stays fixed in my brain.

Also, I think the Baltic shield might be a nice change pace, giving the Russians some nicer game, but keeping USA and UK on their toes. I think in ADS it’s possible to pull it of with an added surprise effect. Ofcourse there are drawbacks to every strategy, but keeping the med and Africa also has it’s merits.

So no, the articles not bad, they’re nicely written and contain valid arguments, even for “pro’s” some tips and tricks are good to rehearse :)

• Hi Jen.

My last post was deleted which is odd since the mods let a post from Daggaz stand where he’s flaming, baiting, and calling names, but such is forum “justice”  :-D

I’ll reiterate the important point from the deleted post: I don’t believe there is any place on CSub where we claim the articles are perfect or bulletproof without it being a tongue-in-cheek comment.

If you can find a counter point, wonderful.  Post it.  I don’t think you can find anything along those lines where it’s not meant fascetiously.

Back up your assertion or retract it  :-D

Mazer:

I was just taking his quote for granted.  I don’t have the time or inclination to go through the articles anymore.  They’re for an old has been game, a relic from the past, an antique!  I’m in the now and those articles don’t pretain to Anniversary. :P

You should keep in mind that sarcasm does not translate well over the internet.  Took me a while to figure that out myself (hence why I have a couple of morons hiting the smite button three times a day, I think they have no life, no girl friends, no boyfriends and a lacking intelligence level to the point I am amazed they can figure out how not to urinate on themselves on a routine basis (shh…it’s okay boys, accidents happen, every man urinates on himself once or twice a week, right???))

Anyway, that’s about them.  The point is that if you have those phrases at the end (anything to the point of “there’s no flaws in this plan at all” ) then it might be wise, in the art of diplomacy, to remove or modify them so they are not so snobbish.

• Never!  I will never abandon sarcasm just because it doesn’t work!

+1 karma to you to combat the evil clickers.

@Mazer:

Never!  I will never abandon sarcasm just because it doesn’t work!

+1 karma to you to combat the evil clickers.

Reciprocity.

Oky, it’s your articles. :P

Working on some for AA50 myself, some of those off the wall ideas, etc.  I hate doing the same old thing. :)

• I only read one paper and I thought it interesting.  I think I join to read other paper for other idea.

Do you have link to site?

• Hey F6.

If you want something fun and fast, check the puzzles.  They are in the Files section.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/

Peace

• Thank you.  I just join.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m