• So my friends and I are new to AA. During our last game, there was some confusion regarding sea zone 12 and Western Europe.

The American player had some transports in sea zone 12, and the German player wanted to attack these transports with fighters from Germany.

The American player argued that this was an illegal move. He said that the planes would need to fly from Germany to Western Europe to sea zone 7, then into sea zone 12. The planes would then not have enough moves left to fly back to a landing spot as their fourth move would be spent on flying back into sea zone 7, and the German player did not have an aircraft carrier.

The German player argued that the fighters from Germany could first fly into Western Europe, and then based on the way the borders were drawn, the fighters could by pass sea zone 7 and instead fly directly into sea zone 12 from Western Europe.

Personally, I believe the American player was correct and that sea zone 12 could not be accessed from Western Europe. Some clarification would greatly help.

(I have a picture of the area in question but I’m not allowed to post links . . . )

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Sea zone 12 does not share a border with Western Europe, so the American player would be correct: the German fighters would need two moves to land in Western Europe after attacking sea zone 12, so the intended German move would not be legal.
    I’m assuming that you’re talking about a situation where German doesn’t hold Algeria. If Germany holds Algeria at the start of its turn, then the German fighters could land in Algeria, making the attack legal.

• Thanks! I thought that’s how it should be. You are correct, the German player did not hold Algeria

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m