Sea Zone vs. Land Zone, IC and Transporter Clarifications

• Sea Zone vs. Land Zone
    Set Up:
    An island has 2 US fighters, 2 US infantry and an AA gun on it while the adjacent sea zone has 2 US transports.
    Questions:

1. Can I take a Japanese bomber and fighter and attack just the transports or will I be fighting everything (infantry, AA gun and fighters’ as well)?
    2. If I can just attack the transporters with my Japanese aircraft does the AA gun get to fire?  Does the US player have the option of sending his 2 US fighters to help defend the transporters?

Industrial Complex:
    If the Japanese player builds an Industrial Complex on India or Manchura can he/she build as many units as they want on their next turn or are they limited to 3 per turn because the IPC value of India and Manchura is 3?

Transporters:
    This is in regards to transporting troops from Japan to Manchura.

1. Am I correct in stating that Japan will have to buy a bunch of transports in order to build a big coalition in Asia?  In order to avoid buying transports the Japanese player should build an Industrial Complex (see above question)
    2. Can I move a transport from SZ 59 pick up troops from Japan and unload them onto Manchura?
    3. Can I move a transport from SZ 49 pick up troops from Japan and unload them onto Manchura?

Also has any one made a sheet with all the abbreviations that are used on this site?

Thanks for the insight.  It has been quite a while since I have played.

• '10

Sea Zone vs. Land Zone

1. The bomber only has to deal with what’s in the sea zone, and doesn’t have to worry about the units on the island. If you choose to attack the island then you wouldn’t have to worry about what’s in the sea zone.
    2. The AA doesn’t get to fire if you attack the transports, if you attack the infantry and fighter on the land zone than it does get to fire.

Industrial Complex
    You are correct. The number of units is limited to the IPC value of the territory.

Transports

1. Pretty much. 2-3 early on because that’s all the units you’ll really be able to move over anyway.
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
      As long as you move no more than two spaces, and unload all units of one transport onto the same land zone you’re okay. Once you unload your units the transport can no longer move, even if it has one or two spaces left to move.

• @mizark:

Sea Zone vs. Land Zone
    Set Up:
    An island has 2 US fighters, 2 US infantry and an AA gun on it while the adjacent sea zone has 2 US transports.
    Questions:

1. Can I take a Japanese bomber and fighter and attack just the transports or will I be fighting everything (infantry, AA gun and fighters’ as well)?

You can only attack the transports. Fighting on SZs is separate from any combat on territories.

1. If I can just attack the transporters with my Japanese aircraft does the AA gun get to fire?  Does the US player have the option of sending his 2 US fighters to help defend the transporters?

No for both questions.

Industrial Complex:
    If the Japanese player builds an Industrial Complex on India or Manchura can he/she build as many units as they want on their next turn or are they limited to 3 per turn because the IPC value of India and Manchura is 3?

Production is limited by the territory’s value, so you can only build 3 units on each territory.

Transporters:
    This is in regards to transporting troops from Japan to Manchura.

1. Am I correct in stating that Japan will have to buy a bunch of transports in order to build a big coalition in Asia?  In order to avoid buying transports the Japanese player should build an Industrial Complex (see above question)
    2. Can I move a transport from SZ 59 pick up troops from Japan and unload them onto Manchura?
    3. Can I move a transport from SZ 49 pick up troops from Japan and unload them onto Manchura?

Also has any one made a sheet with all the abbreviations that are used on this site?

Thanks for the insight.  It has been quite a while since I have played.

1. Yes. You’ll need a mix of ICs/transports. India and French Indochina are usually the 2 best choices. I usually end up with 4-6 transport plus 2 ICs.

2. Yes

3. Yes

There’s a sheet somewhere on the other forums. Here it is: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=7842.0

• Thanks Hobbes!  You said that production is limited by the territory’s value, does this apply to the original IC’s that the 5 countries start out with?

Thanks again!

• Official Q&A

Yes, it does.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m