• @chuck1809:

Do what I did. I converted 1/2 of my garage into a wargaming space. I have a 6’ X 14’ table built out of 2X4’s and particle board. Works real well with Global. We have a 6 member group.

Humidity?  This would not be possible in Iowa in the summer, you must live in Arizona!

• Sponsor

@JimmyHat:

@chuck1809:

Do what I did. I converted 1/2 of my garage into a wargaming space. I have a 6’ X 14’ table built out of 2X4’s and particle board. Works real well with Global. We have a 6 member group.

Humidity?  This would not be possible in Iowa in the summer, you must live in Arizona!

I live in Toronto and my dehumidifier pulls 2 buckets a day.

• @chuck1809:

Upon reflection I was wondering about this configuration.  I have been worried since I got the Europe map that I wasn’t going to have a table big enough to play it on.  I’m wondering how you use this table Chuck?  6 ft deep and 14 ft across, that means you most likely can barely reach the middle of the board.  How do short players move units in the middle?

I think you’re measurements must be wrong, otherwise you’re walking about 25 ft if you need to reach the other side of the map.  6X14 is like the size of a car.

Shorties are a real concern for me, this is a big board and if I was a kid or short I would be unable to play unless the game was setup on the ground.  But since the board is so large, I am starting to lean towards the ideas others have had and shown to make a new map that is painted on a cut to fit 4x8 table. This can be covered in glass and used for other things like Warhammer or eating, and then always have an A&A map underneath.  I would just need the map to look nice and not like crap….like it would if I painted it…

• My ping pong table  works just fantastically

• Sponsor

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24111.0

Here is a link to pictures of my table and game room. It is a simple design and there is a materials list on page 2.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m