• Official Q&A

Since the official Europe FAQ won’t be published until work on the Alpha project is completed, Larry and I have put together a list of rules clarifications to address some of the common questions and concerns that people have about the Europe and Global 1940 games.  It can be found here.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Meh,

The rules are going to change anyways. What’s the point of this? An official “unoffical” FAQ? come on guys.

• Official Q&A

These things aren’t going to change, and they apply to both the box and Alpha rules.  You’d know that if you’d actually bothered to read it.

I thought that I’d save people the trouble of wading through 65 pages of the Global FAQ thread to find official rulings until such time as the FAQ is published.  I’m fairly certain that the community as a whole will appreciate it.  However, there are always some people who when given a gold brick will only complain about how heavy it is.

• I’n my case,
    This FAQ is Highly appreciated.  Keep the good work making the best boardgame ever even better.
    Looking forward to anything new.

• Apologies all if this is a repeat question but could not locate in other threads - does the G40 A+2 turn order supercede the E40 and/or J40 turn order?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Apologies again - I may not have been clear in my question:  Does the Global Alpha +2 turn order apply when playing the theater games separately?

i.e. pulling the theater nations out of the global turn order.

Playing AAE40 turn order would be:
    Germany
    Soviet Union
    USA
    UK
    Italy
    France

Instead of oob:
    Germany
    Soviet Union
    UK
    Italy
    USA
    France

Playing AAP40 turn order would be:
    Japan
    USA
    China
    UK
    ANZAC

instead of oob:
    Japan
    China
    USA
    UK
    ANZAC

Not much difference for Pacific but would be a big change for Europe with US/UK 1/2 punch.  I thought this unlikely but wanted to be sure.

Thanks again for any clarification!

• Official Q&A

I understood your question.  However, the OOB and Alpha turn orders for AAP40 are identical.  You have USA and China reversed for OOB.

• Thank you again.

• this is great Krieg, thanks for this!  Especially as it seems the Alpha project will be be argued about for a while still…

• Official Q&A

Added two new statements (in red).

The rules are going to change anyways. What’s the point of this? An official “unoffical” FAQ? come on guys.

I said that on Jan 28th…

These things aren’t going to change, and they apply to both the box and Alpha rules.  You’d know that if you’d actually bothered to read it.

You replied on Jan 28th…

Then by feb 11th…

Added two new statements (in red).

• Official Q&A

The rules have not changed.  The new entries are clarifications only.

At any rate, I never said that I wouldn’t add new entries, only that those already there wouldn’t change.

got-cha…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m