• @special:

@nutbar:

@Proud:

I know what you said but I just have to give it 3 stars. Game balance favors a J1 massive attack. ( I know but I had to). Also China and UK are just speed bumps. Big ones but they are speed bumps. The US is the savior which is far far away. ANZAC if China/UK falls is doomed. US never falls but by then japan one. YEs there are ways to counter but 1 star knocked off for that.  The other star is setup issues not fixed by the erreta. Like 3 fighters on NZ or the 2 almost defensless UK transports and undefended hawaiian transports. So 3 stars.

I so agree with you. p40 is broken! Japan is way too strong and ANZAC,China,and UK are severely weak but the US is moderately weak. NEVER PLAY P40 WITHOUT E40.

So you’re saying Global is balanced?  :-D

He’s saying that it is more balanced than P40

• i voted excellent, really i cant understand peoples problem with this game, man their are a lot of people who are very nitpicky. for example missing 4 tactical bombers, come on man, WOTC just sends you replacement parts, map errors like sea zone 5 to korea and honolulu on the wrong island, seriously? next they’ll be complaining that china is too big! like how often do you launch an invasion from sz5 anyway? and is it a game breaker if you can assault korea from sz5? how many people actually look and check to see if cities are on the right islands? who cares, honolulu is in hawaii thats all that matters. too thin counters? thats ridiculous, the counters are plenty thick and even an older member of my family thought they were alright without me telling him of these complaints, i can pick them up easily so some people here really have terrible finger co-ordination. wrong setup charts and typos? um, free stuff, in fact good stuff found on the internet plenty free for your using courtesy of bob_a_mickelson (though printing and laminating isnt), besides with all the alpha changes the box setup charts are obsolete anyway so who cares if they are slightly wrong? my only complaint is the sea zone colour differences and even that is very minor. i mean then look at all the good things, the map is beautiful, the pieces are so intricate and detailed and so varied, this is an awesome game. people wanting 9 different sculpts for every piece? thats a bit too far

• @axisisthebest:

i voted excellent, really i cant understand peoples problem with this game, man their are a lot of people who are very nitpicky. for example missing 4 tactical bombers, come on man, WOTC just sends you replacement parts, map errors like sea zone 5 to korea and honolulu on the wrong island, seriously? next they’ll be complaining that china is too big! like how often do you launch an invasion from sz5 anyway? and is it a game breaker if you can assault korea from sz5? how many people actually look and check to see if cities are on the right islands? who cares, honolulu is in hawaii thats all that matters. too thin counters? thats ridiculous, the counters are plenty thick and even an older member of my family thought they were alright without me telling him of these complaints, i can pick them up easily so some people here really have terrible finger co-ordination. wrong setup charts and typos? um, free stuff, in fact good stuff found on the internet plenty free for your using courtesy of bob_a_mickelson (though printing and laminating isnt), besides with all the alpha changes the box setup charts are obsolete anyway so who cares if they are slightly wrong? my only complaint is the sea zone colour differences and even that is very minor. i mean then look at all the good things, the map is beautiful, the pieces are so intricate and detailed and so varied, this is an awesome game. people wanting 9 different sculpts for every piece? thats a bit too far

Quoted for truth.

• huh?

• He was agreeing with you, saying that what you said, and what he was quoting, was true. At least I’m 90% sure he was.

By the way, I agree with you too.

• ditto from me

• finally some one who just loves the game for what it really is!!!

• I gave it a 2 because its hugely unfair. Japan can win easily even in alpha as long as they get average dice rolls.

• I give it a 5 because the idea is excellent and the details can be changed without cost.

• Sponsor

Good strategic level game played at the operational level. No need to get in the tactical weeds with complaints, the game’s ambition balances simplicity, history, and playability well. Just go with it.

• '10

The game is awesome.  End of story.

The great think about AAA games as stated above, is that you can change balance or set-up to your own liking.  House rules, variants, etc.

A game of this size and complexity leaves us with YEARS of varied and excellent gaming.

Love it.

• I agree with Proud American. This game is unbalanced in favor of the axis. Also, P40 was and still is a lackluster money wasting disappointment UNLESS you combine it with e40

• Good ideas here all around. It seems the consensus is that the 1 pp per session is ultimately way too much to represent genre.

How do people feel about letting players go deeper into their PLs? Say a PL 10 character with 175 pp or a PL11 with 200pp?

• Good ideas here all around. It seems the consensus is that the 1 pp per session is ultimately way too much to represent genre.

How do people feel about letting players go deeper into their PLs? Say a PL 10 character with 175 pp or a PL11 with 200pp?

• Punk is not a man.

• @nutbar:

i decided to create my own p40 setup

Can you post that??

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m