• Hello everyone, I’m new to Axis and Allies.  I got it for Christmas, and we are in the process of playing it and have come up with a few questions.

First, Can fighters and tactical bombers attack land troops, and if they can could they fight land units after an air battle?

Second, do battle ships have the same capability after being damaged?

Third, when aircraft and ships battle is it just a regular battle?

Fourth, can you bombard without an amphibious assault?

Fifth, in the bonuses it says for the US “Representing the center of American influence in Asia and a high psychological value, gain 5 IPC’s each round the U.S. controls the Philippines.” does that mean each round my national production goes up by five or do i just keep getting bonuses?

Also could someone tell me some strategy"s for Britain, thanks.  :-)

• Welcome to Axis and Allies, and welcome to these fora.  You will find a wealth of experience and knowledge here.

Since you posted in the Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 forum, I am assuming you are using this game.  There are a number of other games in the Axis and Allies series and the answers to your questions could vary depending on this.  For example, Axis and Allies Guadalcanal is quite different from Axis and Allies 1942.

But assuming Pacific 1940 …

Fighters may participate in any kind of combat except attacking enemy subs without the benefit of an allied destroyer being in the same sea zone (flight range permitting).  Fighters would attack land troop or ship equally well.  However, if you were to attack a sea zone with an enemy fleet and an enemy controlled island, they could only participate in one of these two battles in a single turn.

Damaged battleships are still as tough (att/def = 4/4) whether they have been damaged or not.

Yes, combat between ships and aircraft is just like any other normal battle except there is some requirement to make sure the planes could have landed safely.  You are not allowed to send planes on deliberate suicide missions.

The answer to the fourth question is no.  You must be conductiong an amphibious assault to use a bombard attack.

There are many things to consider as Brittan, but my number one bit of advice is to buy plenty of infantry to protect your starting planes and keep Brittan alive as long as possible.  You may have to give up your initial navy, but later you may be able to get back into the water starting with subs under the right conditions.

Good luck and enjoy.

• Cool,thanks

• One thing about bombardment to remember, is that you can only use as many ships to bombard with as you have units unloading on said territory. However there doesn’t have to be one ship per unloaded unit.

• Also, look around and see if you can find a cheap copy of A&A Spring 1942 edition.  Better starting point than Pacific 40 since this game is broken.  Or at the least, the rulebook and setup you got in your copy is broken, if not the overall game balance.

• well i understand it pretty well but the rule book isn’t very exact and leaves a lot of questions

• if you look at the top post in this forum you will see rulebook updates.  plus the starting setup for the game is wrong.  make sure you take note.

• I will :-D

• Can an air unit occupy a territory? :?

• @bulldog:

Can an air unit occupy a territory? :?

Yeah it’s been said in another thread. Air units cannnot occupy a territory which was just taken over on the current turn, but they may occupy any that have been owned or controlled by a friendly power since the beginning of the turn.

• @Mino1124:

@bulldog:

Can an air unit occupy a territory? :?

Yeah it’s been said in another thread. Air units cannnot occupy a territory which was just taken over on the current turn, but they may occupy any that have been owned or controlled by a friendly power since the beginning of the turn.

no i mean like take over a territory

• no.  you can’t land a plane in a territory you just took via ground combat, nor can a plane capture a territory.

• Ok thats what i wanted to know 8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m