Storage, and Air & Naval Base solutions

• After mention of the $3 bead boxes from Michael’s, I decided to show the $2 bead boxes from Hobby Lobby that I use for storing game parts.  I have used these for some time for Tide of Iron pieces and many other things.  Sometimes they are on for 30% or even 50% off.  I have not put the game away yet from having it set up, so I don’t have a pic of a “fully loaded” box, but you can see that there are plenty of compartments and they are big enough for the largest planes and ships.

On the problem of air and naval bases, I decided to use chips.  I also use them for production centers and I have AA guns from previous games.  I used extra chip colors that I had.  One or two brown chips is a min or max production center.  Pink is a sea base and white is an air base.  Top it off with an AA gun if applicable.  These chips don’t match or stack with the gray and red, and are kept as a completely separate stack.  I use a memory aid of:  salmon is pink so pink is a sea base; clouds are white, so that’s an air base; brown is like an oil color for fueling a production center.  Now those stacks of chips seem natural to me to be able to instantly interpret what they mean.

Okay, can anyone tell me what’s wrong with my pix?  Does this not like jpegs?  I can probably fix it with a little guidance.  Thanks!

• Customizer

@Texas:

Okay, can anyone tell me what’s wrong with my pix?  Does this not like jpegs?  I can probably fix it with a little guidance.  Thanks!

Hmm… not sure why they’re not showing up.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Texas:

On the problem of air and naval bases, I decided to use chips.  I also use them for production centers and I have AA guns from previous games.  I used extra chip colors that I had.  One or two brown chips is a min or max production center.  Pink is a sea base and white is an air base.  Top it off with an AA gun if applicable.  These chips don’t match or stack with the gray and red, and are kept as a completely separate stack.  I use a memory aid of:  salmon is pink so pink is a sea base; clouds are white, so that’s an air base; brown is like an oil color for fueling a production center.  Now those stacks of chips seem natural to me to be able to instantly interpret what they mean.

The idea is to get rid of “chips” for these. Your system makes IDing these things more complicated than the original versions. Most of us want some sort of 3D unit to represent this. I will say that poker chips are easier to pick up than the thin cardboard they gave us.

• @Variable:

@Texas:

The idea is to get rid of “chips” for these. Your system makes IDing these things more complicated than the original versions. Most of us want some sort of 3D unit to represent this. I will say that poker chips are easier to pick up than the thin cardboard they gave us.

OK well I can’t see the pics…. but the advantage of poker chips is that you could place units or other chips on top of them if need be and still tell them apart. 
    Counters don’t allow you to do that.

I admit little buildings would rock… hmm can’t you get spare Monopoly pieces pretty much anywhere?

• Customizer

If you are looking on what to use for storage for your game pieces then you should definitely check out Field Marshal Games’ website.  Now it’s more expensive but I think it’s an absolutely AWESOME addition that is a must have for Axis & Allies.

Here is a link to their new Field Marshal Ammo Box Combat Chest.
    http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/field-marshal-games-accesories/field-marshal-ammo-box.html

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@TwistedAries:

If you are looking on what to use for storage for your game pieces then you should definitely check out Field Marshal Games’ website.  Now it’s more expensive but I think it’s an absolutely AWESOME addition that is a must have for Axis & Allies.

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/field-marshal-games-accesories/field-marshal-ammo-box.html

Yep, already drooled over it like it was this month’s centerfold. Also like this month’s centerfold, my wife gave a disapproving look at the price.

• '10

If you are looking on what to use for storage for your game pieces then you should definitely check out Field Marshal Games’ website.  Now it’s more expensive but I think it’s an absolutely AWESOME addition that is a must have for Axis & Allies.

looks great, however i had same issue with the wife, the price made it a no go

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m