• I’ve heard that it is pretty bad. Every year we give Planned Parent Hood more money than they can spend, so they keep saving it up year after year. Billions of dolars are rounding errors.

Check out http://www.heritage.org/library/backgrounder/bg1527.html

If some serious reforms were made, taxes could be cut without cutting programs and/or gutting their effectiveness.

• True, but your asking the goverment for a rational solotion and i would not expect common sence from the goverment any time soon

• @mini_phreek:

True, but your asking the goverment for a rational solotion and i would not expect common sence from the goverment any time soon

time to be anarchists!!!

seriously, the pork is a problem, but regional special interests fill the pockets of our politicians…and i’m afraid to follow anything McCain says after he screwed the American people…

• How did Macain screw us over?

• An Efficient Democratic Capitalism?

• @TG:

How did Macain screw us over?

Remember the McCain Feingold bill and all of that before the pseudo-Enron scandal? Well it did pass the senate, but McCain and chief supporters of the bill just totally dropped it in the house, so everyone looks good…some can say they would of supported it, others would say they did…even with the new pseudo campaign finance bill, which only hurts the NFIB and NRA, not corperations or huge celeberity contributions…a pseudo bill. In fact, it seems to infringe upon rights more than it helps get rid of corruption.

I feel betrayed by McCain, once being a supporter…because who the hell wanted bush or gore? They’re morons!

I went for Nader…

• He he Nader. Who was the libertarian canidate? Those crazy libertarians…

• Hey Horten, I supported Nader, too! Helped Bush win. :wink:

• @TG:

Hey Horten, I supported Nader, too! Helped Bush win. :wink:

yeah, that is true.

If republicans in NY were smart, they would all vote nader (because bush wasn’t going to win in NY) they would all vote nader so he can get his 5% and get more liberals voting green, thus splitting the democratic party.

I guess nader got them back for what perot did to bush senior!

• That’s the problem with political parties - you have we choose one of the big ones (ie Republican, Democratic). And if you vote for one of those third parties (Nader, Perot like you said), you end up screwing the major party that supports you (moderately at least).

• '19 Moderator

Sad to say I was a perot supporter until he droped out that year. I ended up voting for Bo Gritz as a protest of sorts. It backfired when that moron got elected. Tat was a big lesson for me. I guess you have to vote for the lesser of two evils if you want to vote for some one who has a chance of winning.

• Lesser of evils? In my opinion all politicians are evil and lying and cheating(not just in politics) idiots that are over paid to sit around for 6 months voting for a bill that shouldn’t pass in the first place… I think you get the point that I’m a bit anti-government at least from a bureaucratic perspective :wink:

• Ha, and this is coming from the Capital of California! :wink:

“History! Read it and weep!” - Bokonon

• Yeah well TG… Our current governor Gray Davis didn’t do the best job handling the power crisis you ask me and we are home to some of those lying cheating politicians. Otherwise Sactown is a good place.

• Yeah, I think that the whole power failure and deregulation fiasco with cost him dearly in the next election. But even as a Republican, I’m not sure if I’m going to vote for Bill Simon in the upcoming election. I think that the Republicans screwed themselves by not choosing Richard Reardon. He’s more of a moderate, but in a Democratic based California (for now), you need that. Plus Richard brings in a lot of the ethnic vote, something that Bill is lacking.

• @Captain:

Yeah well TG… Our current governor Gray Davis didn’t do the best job handling the power crisis you ask me and we are home to some of those lying cheating politicians. Otherwise Sactown is a good place.

how were they trying to land that problem of George Bush?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m