• 2007 AAR League

Then a 3/3 armour that moves 2 would be 6 or 7 IPC, right?  Wrong, it doesn’t work that way.

• So it a 1/0 or 0/1 is $2, what do you charge for a 1/1?

• @froodster:

Don’t say “just fodder” - if you are playing D&D, would you ever just say, “Oh, it’s just extra hit points”? Fodder is as important, if not more so, than punch.

I probably would.  HP is already a part of the game and is at its core the same as fodder, just like infantry are already part of axis and allies and are typically used as fodder and not main attacking units.  Adding a way cheap unit to the game is kind of throwing off the balance.  Buy tons of 0/1 units for 1 IPC each and then get a few tanks and planes and youre on a roll.

And by the way, I ran one D&D campaign ever, and I didnt really like the system.  My friends said it was too hard to learn (but it really wasnt) but I felt it was kind of dice heavy.

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

So it a 1/0 or 0/1 is $2, what do you charge for a 1/1?

Driver2: Hey, hey Willy how’s it goin?
    Toll Booth Willy: Hey can’t complain pup. How’s by you?
    Driver2: Oh great great. How much?
    Toll Booth Willy: The state charge is a dawla twenty five pup.
    Driver2: That’s fine. Now should I give you the money or should I just shove the quarters directly up your fat ass Hee Heeeee (throws quarters, drives off)
    Toll Booth Willy: WHY YOU FCKIN HAAAD ON! I’LL FCKING COTTONFISH YOU’RE FCKING HEAD WITH A LOUISVILLE FCKIN SLUGGAH! WHADDYA THINKA THAT SS FCK?!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

BTW, Dan, there’s a national advantage for a few nations that grant 2 points for infantry to move, sometimes letting them blitz.  Just FYI.

• 2007 AAR League

Is that called mechanized infantry?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Mechanized Infantry and Trans-Siberian Railway.

• 2007 AAR League

@froodster:

Just curious, what would a “reverse infantry” be worth to you - a unit that attacked on a 2 but defended on a 1. Also 3 IPCs? for 4 you get a unit that does 2/2 plus boosts your Inf, so it would have to be less than that. However, attacking is better than defending (?) so it should be more than 3.

Okay, maybe that would be a dumb unit.

What about for 2 IPCs - what kind of unit would you expect for that? that could be a neat little twist. Or for 1 IPC. A 1/0 or a 0/1 unit?

What about for a 1/1 unit that could move 2 spaces? Or a “wall” unit - it would not attack or defend, but take one hit to kill and it couldn’t move in combat, and only in NCM with an Inf to pull it along (engineers or whatever).

The wall unit (0-0-0) at a cost of 1 IPC is interesting.  Add the requirement that it only can be moved in conjunction with an INF and there can never be more wall units in a space than the IPC value of the space.  Also make the wall unit fill a space on a TRAN as if it were ART or ARM.

What you really have is a “two hit” INF unit that is stacking limited for the price of an ART unit.  This can represent an INF army that has greater supply support and is better able to handle attrition in combat.  The space on the TRAN now represents the additional supplies and manpower this HVY INF unit needs.  The stacking requirement really points to the need for a good infrastructure in order for the unit to be effective in combat.  All those extra supplies and manpower reserves are only effective if the local road grid can get them where they are needed.

You may need to up the price to 2 IPC for game balance…

Of course, if we really want all this additional complication, we don’t we just play France 1940 by Avalon Hill?  :-D

• i think i read in the house rules that one group was doing art as a 2/1/1 for $3 to simplify life.  i agree with the cost analysis.

a 0/0/0 uit for $0 anyone?  call it the stalin strat “we have more people than you have bullets”  :lol:

• @rjclayton:

@ncscswitch:

So it a 1/0 or 0/1 is $2, what do you charge for a 1/1?

Driver2: Hey, hey Willy how’s it goin?
    Toll Booth Willy: Hey can’t complain pup. How’s by you?
    Driver2: Oh great great. How much?
    Toll Booth Willy: The state charge is a dawla twenty five pup.
    Driver2: That’s fine. Now should I give you the money or should I just shove the quarters directly up your fat a** Hee Heeeee (throws quarters, drives off)
    Toll Booth Willy: WHY YOU FCKIN HAAAD ON! I’LL FCKING COTTONFISH YOU’RE FCKING HEAD WITH A LOUISVILLE FCKIN SLUGGAH! WHADDYA THINKA THAT SS FCK?!

I think that’s a pretty sweet post right there, is what I think.

Like the comment about $2 instead of $1 too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m