• So … We have a huge vinyl map , custom factories (settlers of Cataan pieces), the IPc poker chips, and war dice.

What are good replacements or upgrades to signify air and sea bases? I know there’s a version of a map out there that has them embedded into the map, but that isn’t the version we use, and id like it to have a 3-d piece feel , like the other tokens.

I’ve looked around and just can’t find any good representations from other sets or other games. Any thoughts?

• '14 Customizer

I got these from Shapeways

• Were they difficult to paint? I’ve never painted shapeways before…

• '17 '16

@Azpathfinder:

So … We have a huge vinyl map , custom factories (settlers of Cataan pieces), the IPc poker chips, and war dice

I’ve looked around and just can’t find any good representations from other sets or other games. Any thoughts?

I know you’re mostly looking for bases, but on the issue of Custom Factories, I think you can do better than the Settlers of Cataan pieces… Just look on EBay under Axis and Allies replacements or Axis and Allies Factories, you can usually find some on sale (I found a dozen tonight for $5 that are still listed)… they actually come in two colors, you can get them in White or Grey, depending on which game they come from (I have both grey and white A&A factories in my collection)… also on E-Bay, you can usually do a search for Risk Replacements or Risk Cities… from the 2008 Revised version of Risk, they had Cities, that make great factories… are well sized and come in grey… once again, I found some on E-Bay tonight (I have these too).  Pics below.

AAFactories.jpg
    Risk08Cities.jpg

• '14 Customizer

Pretty easy to paint.  You could always just spray them one color too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m