• I do think the shift of two Allied VC’s would make an 8 VC game far more playable…

Move Lenningrad to Stalingrad (Karelia to Caucuses) and Calcutta to Sydney (India to Australia)

I DO like those VT’s that Craig posted though.  I may give those SERIOUS thought for our next Tournament.

• Well to go off on a tangent one thing that makes games shorter is to play faster. Does anyone use some kind of clock to limit “thinking time” before actually moving pieces?

• @frimmel:

Well to go off on a tangent one thing that makes games shorter is to play faster. Does anyone use some kind of clock to limit “thinking time” before actually moving pieces?

The Hasbroken CD used to have this feature. I used it alot back then.

Squirecam

• would you really have to give the axis additional vc’s?  i don’t think so, 3 per country and capture three of the enemies (while holding your own) or i guess eastern europe or ukraine and what, okinawa?

• @Craig:

@ncscswitch:

…I DO like those VT’s that Craig posted though.  I may give those SERIOUS thought for our next Tournament.

You are a man of wisdom! :wink:

I am glad that someone has seen the light. :-D

Craig

Although I sort of like Craig Yoper’s territory idea, I would like it a d*** sight more if it were officially recognized and accepted by Avalon Hill as the tournament standard.

Actually, I would like ANYTHING to be accepted by Avalon Hill as the tournament standard.

As it is, there are different tournaments, but no OFFICIAL tournament standard.  LHTR is close, but it is not the Official Deal.

• Avalon Hill MAKES GAMES.  That is all they do, that is what they want to do, and that is what they make money at (keeping their shareholders happy).

Places like DAAK, Flames and here determine what is OFFICIAL in terms of playing a Tournament :-D

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

@Craig:

@ncscswitch:

…I DO like those VT’s that Craig posted though.  I may give those SERIOUS thought for our next Tournament.

Craig

Although I sort of like Craig Yoper’s territory idea, I would like it a d*** sight more if it were officially recognized and accepted by Avalon Hill as the tournament standard.

Actually, I would like ANYTHING to be accepted by Avalon Hill as the tournament standard.

As it is, there are different tournaments, but no OFFICIAL tournament standard.  LHTR is close, but it is not the Official Deal.

What you want is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_General_Magazine

It was the place to get “official” acceptance by Avalon Hill for game standards.  Notice it ceased publication when Hasbro bought AH.

• @newpaintbrush:

@Craig:

@ncscswitch:

Craig

WOTC/AH pays for Greg’s FTF tournaments at Origins/GCI. They consulted Larry on “tournament” rules specifically for this purpose. I’d say this makes LHTR the prominent ruleset.

Look here for the best FTF tournaments in the country…

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorseman2/smoreyswamp.html

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m