• 2007 AAR League

Actually that is my buy. I use it along with 2 inf to recap any one of these: bel ukr len. I dont like to let the german player hold land, while i hammer him from the other side.

• 2007 AAR League

There was also a game on these boards where Russia used a similar buy to take out the GER med fleet in R2 with the large russian AF.  Was it Adonai?

• @rjclayton:

There was also a game on these boards where Russia used a similar buy to take out the GER med fleet in R2 with the large russian AF.  Was it Adonai?

That happened to me. 3 FTRs from CAU to SZ15 to hammer the BB and TRN. Cost two FTRs for Russia though. I think that was the 2 on 2 game we just lost.

edit: It was the game Jen and I just lost against JSP. It was Mech who made the move before retiring from the game.

• @ncscswitch:

Russia:
    8 INF
    3 INF, 3 ARM
    3 INF, 1 ARM ,1 FIG
    4 INF, 3 ART

Germany:
    1 AC, 8 INF
    9 INF, 3 ARM
    10 INF, 3 ART

UK: 
    3 FIG
    1 AC, 1 TRN, 2 INF

Japan:
    4 TRN (w/ bid)
    1 IC, 2 TRN (w/ bid)
    3 TRN, 2 INF

USA:
    INF, ARM, and TRN’s

Asian IC’s buys excluded from the above…

Those are ncsswitch’s standard buys.

I have a VERY DIFFERENT SET OF BUYS.

HAHAHAHAHA!

gratutious evil laugh

• In one of my recent games I lost the German Med Fleet to a force of FOUR Russian FIGs on R2…

• Haha, thats insane.

I usually have 4 INF 3 ART on R1.

• @Cobert:

Haha, thats insane.

I usually have 4 INF 3 ART on R1.

now someone here  has some sense. why do you need the rusian to take out the german navy. what are the british doing  smoking tea leaves? you need to take as much land as possible from the germans.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

USA 1:

2 Bombers

USA 2:

2 Bombers

USA 3:

Trans/Infantry

USA 4: Germany has no income, doesn’t matter what you’re buying. :)

Okay, only really works well in LL because of the 3.5 IPC damage vs 2.5 return fire damage rule.  That’s a benefit of 5 IPC for America and you’re only using American infantry for support anyway, tnaks are nice, but not needed.  Let england capture it all, she’s closer to Europe anyway.

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

@ncscswitch:

Russia:
    3 INF, 1 ARM ,1 FIG

why whould anyone need a fig for russia? that one makes no sense

I’ve used this buy successfully many times.  I will usually add a 4th fighter in R2 or R3.  The fighters give Russia a lot of flexiblity.  From the caucasus they can reach all of eastern europe most of Central Asia and India.  Also they are very useful when your trading territory with Germany.

Or if Germany’s being a jerk, 4 fighters is plenty to sink the Transport/Battleship fleet for Germany.  At times that can force Germany to blow money on auxillery ships.

• 2007 AAR League

On my current lowluck game i lost my med fleet to a ftr and bmb =[

• 2007 AAR League

In our new game CC and I opted for 2 Inf in Ukr. and 1 IC to Japan and 1 IC to Germany - we’ll see how it goes!! (8 IPC bid)

• 2007 AAR League

its IPC not IC

• 2007 AAR League

Right. And also, we’re talking about buys, not bid placements, which is what I described - DOH! I have a neat idea for G1, but I won’t post it here until Jennifer and Frimmel play their R1…

2 Destroyers, 1 Aircraft Carrier, 1 Artillery???

• 2007 AAR League

thats a grave gamble. and as for you froodster: WHO THE HELL BIDS $36??

• In my current game my Russian R1 purchase was 1Bomber, 1 Armor, 1 Infantry, save 1 dollar. As we have yet to complete the first round I don’t know how well it will work. I prefer to use air assets with Russia anyway as they land behind the lines and do not become ireplacable casualties like armor.

As far as a Russian AC I have used that before although not on round one. It was an intentional throw away purchase to get the Germans to use their air assets to attack fighters deffending at 4. While I lost a fleet I had no real use for the Germans lost most of their luftwaffe which was my goal.

• 2007 AAR League

@ezto:

It was 2 IPCs, not 2 ICs.

• @froodster:

@ezto:

It was 2 IPCs, not 2 ICs.

naturally this was an obvious typo - he just typed that we had a bid of 8 ipcs, and with 2 inf, it’s only natural that 1 ipc each would go to japan and germany.
    And Jen - what are you talking about?

• @Nukchebi0:

What are the traditional Turn 1 buys?

this isn’t written in stone but IN KGF
    Russia: 2inf,2art,2tank
    Germany: 4inf, 3art, 2trn
    UK: 2 trn,4 inf
    Japan: 3trn,1art save 2 ipc or 2trn and 1 ic with bid
    USA: 3trn,1inf, 3 tanks sav 4

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users