• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

We shall see, won’t we?

Cause I’ve yet to see an axis player beat me when I move to ostrasize Japan first.  Germany’s easy enough to stall.  Really.  Meanwhile, Japan’s over whelmed.  Odds are you’re going to loose soemthing at Pearl, or you forgo it.  You do that, I’m up to 5 fighters, 3 carriers and a battleship on US 2.  You don’t I sink at least half your fleet on my counter and I still have two loaded carriers.

England does an IC in India.  Or takes Borneo/New Guinea to harass Japan, depriving them greatly.

Really, with 3 allies bearing down on them with starting equipment plus some investments with America towards fleet, Japan doesn’t stand a chance.  Not if you only give them 1 or 2 IPCs on their bid anyway.

What’s Germany up to?  Karelia, Belorussia, Ukraine, Most of Africa by the time Jap’s out of the game.  Then it’s 3 on 1 with no help from Japan.

• Well, we ahve an upcoming game, so I guess we can put this to rest in the near future :-)

• @ncscswitch:

Well, we ahve an upcoming game, so I guess we can put this to rest in the near future :-)

I declare the front row seat for this game! Two big kahunas who can talk the talk AND walk the walk.  And soon, apparently, one’s laurels and convictions will be put to the test! Viva la A&A!!!

• Well, I have not zeen Ezto on the board lately, and I am looking at putting A&A.org members to teh front of the queue over other gamers… so unless Ezto makes an appearnce later this month, Jen will be up right after I finish the Tournament Consolation match.

Novemeber Battle Royale… elections and Jen and I going at it in a no-holds barred game :-D

Of course there are holds barred! :P  You don’t want NAs or Tech. hehe.  Yea, I’m just nit-picking, deal. hehe.

• @General_D.Fox:

@ncscswitch:

Well, we ahve an upcoming game, so I guess we can put this to rest in the near future :-)

I declare the front row seat for this game! Two big kahunas who can talk the talk AND walk the walk.  And soon, apparently, one’s laurels and convictions will be put to the test! Viva la A&A!!!

I don’t think the game will prove or disprove a KJF effective.  Four reasons.

1.  Luck will play a factor, and a bit of luck in a naval battle type game can be very decisive.

2.  If the KJF succeeds or fails, there is no way to measure the relative merits of KJF to KGF.  (If the KJF fails, you could say the KGF would have failed as well; if the KJF succeeds, you could say the KGF would have succeeded as well).

3.  I think both players will depart from the optimal line, so the optimal line of play will not be explored.  This will happen from chance if not from suboptimal builds, combat choices, and movement.

4.  An opening at Germany can see the game switch to KGF before the crucial UK turn, or even before the deciding US turn.

Not to mention I have seen the transport in SZ 59 successfully sink a destroyer and an aircraft carrier attacking it.

• I think we all ahve seen that by now :-)  Luck of the dice… it WILL happen from time to time, just like 2 INF killign an INF and 3 FIGs, and still ahving an INF left over after the battle…

Bah, I’ve seen 1 inf destroy 9 inf and a tank.  (Guy kept saying “he’ll eventually die!”)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m