• ps how do i get an online game going?

• But you can take out the UK BB without using the Med Fleet to do it, and probably not lose a single FIG.

1 SUB SZ8, 1 FIG Western, 1 FIG Norway, 1 FIG Germany against 1 German BB.
    Odds are:
    100% to kill the BB
    90% w/o losing any FIGs
    29% still having the SUB!

THat leaves the Med Fleet free to assist with Egypt, and the BB to absorb any potential hit from the SZ15 DST.

Taking Egypt with more force, even with bid units in Libya, is a good idea, since it potentially can prevent a UK counter, or at least reduce the UK forces present in Egypt for the G2 attack.

As for the UK fleet in SZ6…
    W/o major assistance from the Luftwaffe, you lose, period.

Even using Germany’s TOTAL available resources (2 SUB, 1 DST, 1 TRN, 1 AC, 5 FIG, 1 BOM) against an SZ6 fleet of 1 AC, 2 FIG, 1 BB, 2 TRN, 1 SUB on G2 the odds are indeed good for a win (97%) but your most likely remaining forces are only 4 FIG and a BOM (1 FIG suicides from Libya due to loss of AC). That is not that great of a trade, especially since UK still has 1 more TRN in the water from start, and the US fleet will be arriving later that round to fill in the gaps.

Meanwhile, no AF was available for attacks on Norway (taken in UK1), Ukraine (re-taken by Russia in R2), or to re-take Egypt (liberated on UK1).

The opportunity cost is dreadful!

• @nooob:

ps how do i get an online game going?

Review the info on Dicey’s etc at these links
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=5125.0
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=6512.0

And post that you are looking for an opponent here:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=52.0

• thanks for the links…yeah the uk bs in the med is toast(with the ger bs there the sub will almost always live and it frees up a fighter) +  germany has got 6 figs to into the fleet with so yah 1 splashes in the english channel…thats if it doesnt get shot down 1st(this senario more likely) so the uk loses:1 bs 24 ipcs        vs ger    1 ac 16         
                                                    1 ac 16                          1 des 12
                                                    1 des 12                        1 fig
                                                    2 fig 20
                                                    2 trns 16
                                                    1 sub 8          net 96ips

• oops that was a mistake…anyway to continue…
                                                                      2 subs 16
                                                                      1 trn    8    net 62ipcs

so anywho so the difference in loss of ipcs is 34…couple that with fact that that uk navy, 1st round buy, and 2/3s of the air force gone germany has bought itself tons of breathing room to clean up norway, egypt, ect next round and still march toward moscow with inf and art  purchases… also med fleet still alive

• 5 FIGs to start.

You keep forgetting that dead Ukraine FIG.

• thats a whole other can of worms…you would leave your rus arm in ukr to take out a single fig? if so then ger has to go with 1 ac, 1 fig, 1 arm, 3 inf on r1. with the dead tanks russia looks alot less of a threat.

• With a WR Stack, massed INF in Caucuses, and a build that includes a Russian Fig… No problem!

But with combining WR and Ukraine you get to kill 6 INF, 2 ARM, 2 ART, and a FIG.

Nice trade, even giving up 2 ARM for it.

• so your not a fan of the ‘stafing’ tactic in ukr? to me that seems to make more sense(or belorussia)

• I am too used to a bid INF in Belo, so I tend to go Ukraine.

Besides, All I NEED to do as Russia is trade in dentral Europe for a while, not hold it :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m