• Take out the capital as soon as you can is my goal.  My axioms are things I try to keep in my mind to acheive my goal.

1st Axiom  “When in doubt as to what to buy, buy INF.”

2nd Axiom “Sink any naval units you can as soon as practical and that is still to slow.”

3rd Axiom “See that your naval units don’t meet Davy Jones alone.”

4th Axiom “All other axioms are useless if you don’t defend your capital.”

5th Axiom "Stay on target. Pick a goal and stick to it.

6th Axiom “Be more concerned with the sure paths to defeat than the uncertain paths to victory.”

D. Fox might wish to take No 4 to heart.  :evil:

I would be curious to hear any axioms that any one else has. I would also be curious to any thoughts on my axioms.

• 2007 AAR League

My axioms are:

1st Axiom  Don’t do something stupid.

2nd Axiom If you did something stupid, don’t do it again.

3rd Axiom If you’re still doing the same stupid thing…STOP!!!

4th Axiom If you can’t stop doing the same stupid thing, lock your game up in the closet.

:roll:

• When you are pulling all of your forces out of your capital to move them somewhere, and you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that no enemy units can reach…  and you have triple checked and NOTHING can reach…

Leave a couple of INF behind… just in case you missed something :-)

(I lost a game of Classic that way once…)

• jsp4563 that is an excellent set and I will be adopting number one as one of my own axioms. Perhaps this should have its own thread?

• @jsp4563:

My axioms are:

1st Axiom  Don’t do something stupid.

2nd Axiom If you did something stupid, don’t do it again.

3rd Axiom If you’re still doing the same stupid thing…STOP!!!

4th Axiom If you can’t stop doing the same stupid thing, lock your game up in the closet.

:roll:

I’ll admit to the first one for sure.  Although, my mistake was more… an oversight than anything.  :-P Which, of course, cost me the capital in the second round, from whcih I was never never never able to recover fully. :-o

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m