• Hi
    I’am new to Guadalcanal.
    Have a question about FTR’S taking of from a carrier.
    Do you count the the seazone the AC is in as the first move-the same as taking of from islands,or do you start counting, just as in revised,from the next seazone?
    Thanks

• Start counting from the next sea zone. AC to sea zone is zero. Island to sea zone is one.

Fighters get two movement in the move fighters portion of the combat movement step and two movement in the land aircraft step.

Also note that ACs move before fighters in combat movement and will therefore move with the ACs at no cost to their movement in the move fighters step.

Unless it is going to put them at risk of getting picked off it is usually a good idea to get your planes in the air even if they won’t be fighting to make use of all the possible movement.

• Official Q&A

@frimmel:

Start counting from the next sea zone. AC to sea zone is zero. Island to sea zone is one.

Correct.  I’d just add that a rule of thumb for movement in A&A games is that a unit only uses a movement point when it moves from one space to another.  A fighter taking off from or landing on a carrier doesn’t use a movement point for the action because it occurs within the sea zone.  This is one reason why carriers are handy to have.

@frimmel:

Unless it is going to put them at risk of getting picked off it is usually a good idea to get your planes in the air even if they won’t be fighting to make use of all the possible movement.

Just a point of clarification: planes are always “in the air” during combat phases in Guadalcanal, whether they move or not.  I assume you mean that it’s a good idea to move them off carriers or islands where there won’t be any fighting for potential movement flexibility later in the turn.

• @Krieghund:

Just a point of clarification: planes are always “in the air” during combat phases in Guadalcanal, whether they move or not.  I assume you mean that it’s a good idea to move them off carriers or islands where there won’t be any fighting for potential movement flexibility later in the turn.

That is exactly what I mean.

And to be specific be sure to move new fighters off your base in combat movement so they’ll be able to land on carriers in the slot to replace losses or land at your forward airfields.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m