Russian/German front deadzone question…

• Round 1 the Baltic fleet is gone to 2 fighters + 1 bomber, and the UK purchase is 2 tran 3 inf 1 tank.

If the UK wants to gamble a bit on that one.

It’s about 74% for the UK to wipe out an unbuffed Baltic fleet. If somehow something survived then the American fighter + bomber should take care of it.

Point taken but again if Germany sees a UK build on UK1 of the transports plus INF/ tank then it’s a matter of putting some more INF there and moving some of the tanks purchased during G1 in (along with airforce which, most likely, there is a presence anyways)

But you would actually have to dedicate quite a bit of force to defend Western Europe, which is force you’re not using against Russia.

I would consider light tank builds for Germany somewhere around 3. You can always turtle as Germany and go heavy INF if you need but later in the game it’s not as easy to get the offensive weapons out on the board as it is earlier, thus my preference for the offensive firepower right away.

Very interesting way of looking at it. I look at it precisely in reverse, perhaps because of what I’ve read of the old school A&A classic - always try to mass more infantry first than offense, because infantry takes the longest to get places, provides the most efficient defense, and gives you great fodder for attacks. Buying too many tanks weakens your ability to hold territories well, and it gets costly when you’re burning up tanks vs the enemy’s infantry fodder.

I have done mass tanks build in the past, and they did very well against my friends…but they were inexperienced and applying so little pressure on Germany that I could run them over in like 4-6 turns. I’ll have to try your medium tank build (I would call it medium since you’re buying equal amounts of infantry/tanks), but I sort of recall trying something very similar to that once and I just didn’t have enough defense at some point for some reason. I’ll try it again…

• @aaFiendish:

If the russian attacks belorussia/west russia, I pay close attention to what the russian takes west russia with. Lets say russia takes it with 4 inf, 4 armor. As Germany I will probably jump all over that from ukraine, with armor support from balkans/eastern europe and fighter/bomber support.

This looks like a newbie game

a) the Russians will have more troops in WR

the usual opening is 3 Inf + 2 FIG attack Belorussia
    9 Inf, 4 Arm, 2 Art attack WR

b) Russia will always move its AA in NCR from Russia to WR as the German Bomber is unable to bomb Russia und land safely, with the AA its more than undesirable to use your air force.

Forget any attack on WR or Caucasus or you screw up Germany already on round 1

• Without reinforcement, WEU falls to the Allies on Turn 2, and barring a re-direction of those massed ARM that HAD been going to Moscow being turned around and heading for Paris instead, the Allis will KEEP WEU for the remainder of the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m