Axis & Allies Miniatures Set II Previews

• Founder TripleA Admin

Okay, I updated the links with the new piece previews. Looks like some good stuff and some worthless stuff.

Poland, allies?
    Czech, axis?

• @Pzer:

:-) I think that paratroopers should have had a “possiblity of mis-drop”. such as

Identify target drop hex, on a roll of 5 or 6 the paratroop has misdropped. Oppossing player may
    relocate target drop hex one hex  ajacent to orginial drop hex.

This would similate the many misdrops that occurred  during the war.

i think this should be taken a step further, as proven on the Normandy drops many paratroopers landed with out there weapons, or with out ammo. there should be rolls to figure out how well equiped these guys land, and if they land in the right hex or not.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Sounds like a nice rule but part of the charm of this game is that there is not too much record keeping.

• true, but it is something i might do personally, i am willing to keep more records and throw more dice to keep it as accurate and realistic as possible. those paratroopers, if used properly could be devasating, so i think it only far to even the odds for the defender. but hey, thats just me.

• @djensen:

Sounds like a nice rule but part of the charm of this game is that there is not too much record keeping.

I’m with you.  One of my favorite things about this game is the simplicity and how quickly you can get through a game.  I do think there are some stuff that may be over-simplified in this game, but it still seems to be well balanced (IMHO).  If I really want realism then I’ll pull out Advanced Squad Leader… there’s a game that seems to cover everything in WWII Tactical Combat!  It just takes a while to set-up and play…

• Founder TripleA Admin

I added a new link to the top.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Part 4 has been released. Some good stuff and some disapointments. A 12 point Russian tank that is not good against infantry or tanks for 3 points more get the M3 Stuart and be much more effective.

• There are some nice units coming out in this next set.  I especially like the M5 Half-track… don’t think I’ll be using that Jeep any longer.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The jeep is nice and cheap at 4 pts. You can put a bazooka on a jeep and use it to roll up the flank of a disrupted tank.

• @Pzer:

:-) I think that paratroopers should have had a “possiblity of mis-drop”. such as

Identify target drop hex, on a roll of 5 or 6 the paratroop has misdropped. Oppossing player may
    relocate target drop hex one hex  ajacent to orginial drop hex.

This would similate the many misdrops that occurred  during the war.

sounds like a good house rule

• The Polish Calvalryman is a nice touch to the game.  Thay will be easy to use in groups of 3 or 4 against soldiers.  Im thinking the best way to use them will be to hide and rush machine gun nests.

• @djensen:

The jeep is nice and cheap at 4 pts. You can put a bazooka on a jeep and use it to roll up the flank of a disrupted tank.

i like to throw an engineer in a jeep, then go after a tank, good stuff!!

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Ubermarine:

The Polish Calvalryman is a nice touch to the game.  Thay will be easy to use in groups of 3 or 4 against soldiers.  Im thinking the best way to use them will be to hide and rush machine gun nests.

Not just machine gun nests but also for going after BAR Gunners, anti-tank guns, and commanders. But I really don’t think you need more than 1 or 2 to accomplish this. It is very easy for the cavalry out of line of sight.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m