• @marine36:

ussr should get more money, in reality, they massivly outproduced germany, thats how they won.

USA KICKS BUTT!!!

I agree, just give germany more units.

• I feel russia is now a much more playabec outnry and less restricted and has much more options jsut like the axis and allies europe game anyone agree?

• for sure … I would think it has a lot to do with the way eastern europe and russia is now divided … It gives a much better gameplay. On the original edition the eastern front was just a slab of land that did not make much sense.

• I like Germany because of several reasons. 1) It is the underdog (unless
    playing a 8 city game) 2) Having 10 tanks is great 3) I prefer a land battle.

• I like the US because I like to be able to build a fleet, and an Air Force when I want, how I want. I am also a firm believer in properly supporting the USSR, and if someone else does it, it might get bungeld up!

• Germany is my favorite, with Russia in a close second place

• i like the us or japan. lots of naval combat

• Germany
    Japan
    Russia

I like Germany becaue it starts with so many initial units and initiates combat all over the place.

I like Japan because I like to carve up and conquer Asia/Russia and I like to mix IC construction with trn deployments.

I like Russia because playing them well, and aggressively enough makes a big difference in the game since they’re between the two Axis powers.

UK/US I like these about the same, in the end though they normally end up doing the same types of things in the Atlantic.

• I HATED the US in 2nd edition, but i find them a little more interesting in revised…just because of their increased ipc and the extra trannie…but all in all…they’re boring…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I kind of agree, Mr. G. The US is extremely dull for the first few rounds and after that they are mildly entertaining as you support Russian and British combat initiatives/defend their territories.

However, America is a vital nation to the victory of the allies.

• @Jennifer:

I kind of agree, Mr. G. The US is extremely dull for the first few rounds and after that they are mildly entertaining as you support Russian and British combat initiatives/defend their territories.

However, America is a vital nation to the victory of the allies.

Hi Jennifer,
    I have answered you comment in the thread National advantages for A&A Europe under the forum Axis and Allies Europe! What do you think? :D

• @Zooey72:

If you are going by historical accounts than the german infantry would attack at 3 and the it would take 3 russian infantry to get a defensive dice of 1.

Yes, if you had already captured all of the territories surrounding the Soviet Infantry and they were trapped in a pocket, as they were in the early days of the invasion.

• UK and Japan all day!! They are both very balanced teams and have opportunities for all kinds of interesting moves. They’re way more fun than either Germany or Russia, with round after round of land combat. That can get boring pretty quick, but it’s good to start newbies off with these countries so they can learn the dynamics of land combat before they graduate to the much less forgiving realities of maritime combat. The US is fun when they finally show up and are a force to be reckoned with. Of course, it all depends on personal preference, and what type of combat you enjoy most.

• Without any doubt, Germany. It’s the most challenging and most important country to play. Unless the German player is very, very good, the Allies should almost always win. You have to be good at offense and defense, and subtle maneuvering.

I think it’s easier to win with the Allies, but playing Germany is a great challenge. And like someone else said, if you win with Germany, you’re feeling pretty good.

• USA; options and money, also like taking N Africa on first turn and taking S Europe shortly there after.

• @il_duce’s_finest:

USA; options and money, also like taking N Africa on first turn and taking S Europe shortly there after.

What kind of Axis player allows you to take S Europe so quickly….If you take Algeria first turn…your transports should die if playing a competent player…and a counterattack is possible…

• Germany is the most fun and the most challenging- you cannot make any mistakes against a good opponent. It’s the country I spend time scheming with in my free time. Plus once you’ve built up some infantry all that hardware is fun to move around on the Eastern Front.

• germany rules.it gives u the most options on what to do and you hold the fate of the game in ur hands.while everyone else has to concentrate on 1-3 goals ger has to concentrate on all!u must simultaneously attack/defend the uk and ussr while considering the stopping of the us in the atlantic.all of this must be done with the thought of finally reaching up with your ally japan.how you play against both uk and ussr means a lot to your ally.

anyway,i like ger because i enjoy being the center of the game!! :wink:

• I voted Germany

It’s the most challenging country to play. Also, i love germany round #1! (many many units to move everywhere!)

• Weird topic. :-? Shouldn’t we love playing with all countries? I do, but I must admit Russia bores me. It’s always on defensive mode, and has no naval force, thus less attack options. USA is very fun to play, because you’re on the winning side with tremendous industrial power. UK is also great with it’s navy all over the place. Germany and japan are my favourite countries. I like challenge, and I think that if you win with the Axis you’re a good player. But I also like to kick butt with the allies. It’s just easier. Germany first, Japan next, like the real war went on.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m